[MJLINK] Create JavaFX application runtime

[MJLINK] Create JavaFX application runtime

Abhinay Agarwal
Hi,

I tried to create runtime images for JavaFX applications using maven-jlink-plugin. The jlink:jlink goal fails as some JavaFX dependencies are "Automatic Modules". More information on this can be found here: https://github.com/abhinayagarwal/maven-jlink-plugin-javafx/blob/master/README.md

maven-jlink-plugin extracts all the modules from the module-path and adds them to the `--add-modules` list. The existing JavaFX Maven plugin<https://github.com/openjfx/javafx-maven-plugin>  adds only the base module to the `--add-modules` list overcoming this issue.

It would be great if the plugin can be extended to create runtimes for JavaFX applications.

Best regards,
Abhinay

Re: [MJLINK] Create JavaFX application runtime

Benjamin Marwell-2
Also had troubles, but in the end I got it working. You can use my simple
GUI app for ROM manipulation as a template if you like.

https://github.com/alttpj/MemeforceHunt

It's a bit complicated as multiple OSes need to be supported.

HTH

Ben