[MCHECKSTYLE] release for upstream checkstyle

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[MCHECKSTYLE] release for upstream checkstyle

Benjamin Marwell
Hi everyone,

since the classloader issue is resolved in the master branch, I'd like
to suggest a release before merging the violation class PR.

The sooner the better (for the checkstyle team anyway).

Thanks,
Ben

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [MCHECKSTYLE] release for upstream checkstyle

Enrico Olivelli
Ben
It is a good idea.

Any volunteer?

Enrico

Il ven 10 gen 2020, 18:46 Benjamin Marwell <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi everyone,
>
> since the classloader issue is resolved in the master branch, I'd like
> to suggest a release before merging the violation class PR.
>
> The sooner the better (for the checkstyle team anyway).
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [MCHECKSTYLE] release for upstream checkstyle

Enrico Olivelli
Okay

If No one objects I will prepare for a release.

Currently ASF CI is not very healthy, as soon as I am confident I will run
the procedure


Enrico



Il dom 12 gen 2020, 08:35 Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Ben
> It is a good idea.
>
> Any volunteer?
>
> Enrico
>
> Il ven 10 gen 2020, 18:46 Benjamin Marwell <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> since the classloader issue is resolved in the master branch, I'd like
>> to suggest a release before merging the violation class PR.
>>
>> The sooner the better (for the checkstyle team anyway).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ben
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [MCHECKSTYLE] release for upstream checkstyle

Enrico Olivelli
This is red....
https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-box/job/maven-checkstyle-plugin/job/master/

We need it blue :-)

Enrico

Il giorno mer 15 gen 2020 alle ore 07:46 Enrico Olivelli <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Okay
>
> If No one objects I will prepare for a release.
>
> Currently ASF CI is not very healthy, as soon as I am confident I will run
> the procedure
>
>
> Enrico
>
>
>
> Il dom 12 gen 2020, 08:35 Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
>
>> Ben
>> It is a good idea.
>>
>> Any volunteer?
>>
>> Enrico
>>
>> Il ven 10 gen 2020, 18:46 Benjamin Marwell <[hidden email]> ha
>> scritto:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> since the classloader issue is resolved in the master branch, I'd like
>>> to suggest a release before merging the violation class PR.
>>>
>>> The sooner the better (for the checkstyle team anyway).
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ben
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>
>>>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [MCHECKSTYLE] release for upstream checkstyle

Enrico Olivelli
Master is now in great shape.
There is a PR to update to 8.23, but as Benjamin says I would not commit
that change now

https://github.com/apache/maven-checkstyle-plugin/pull/24

If now one objects I will send the VOTE email tomorrow or within this week
current git sha is f0b96ab98437149486771df879a23e5740090f0c

Thank you again Ben for helping with this

Enrico

Il giorno mer 15 gen 2020 alle ore 13:02 Benjamin Marwell <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> I would like to suggest to stay at 8.19 just for now.
> Updating beyond 8.23 is a breaking change, although it this plugin
> understands itself as a wrapper only.
>
>
> I suggest discussion about upgrading checkstyle should be in the
> corresponding ticket:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MCHECKSTYLE/issues/MCHECKSTYLE-384
>
> Am Mi., 15. Jan. 2020 um 10:05 Uhr schrieb Eric Lilja <
> [hidden email]>:
> >
> > Which version of Checkstyle will be used for the release? 8.28?
> >
> > - Eric L
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 9:43 AM Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > This is red....
> > >
> > >
> https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-box/job/maven-checkstyle-plugin/job/master/
> > >
> > > We need it blue :-)
> > >
> > > Enrico
> > >
> > > Il giorno mer 15 gen 2020 alle ore 07:46 Enrico Olivelli <
> > > [hidden email]> ha scritto:
> > >
> > > > Okay
> > > >
> > > > If No one objects I will prepare for a release.
> > > >
> > > > Currently ASF CI is not very healthy, as soon as I am confident I
> will
> > > run
> > > > the procedure
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Enrico
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Il dom 12 gen 2020, 08:35 Enrico Olivelli <[hidden email]> ha
> > > > scritto:
> > > >
> > > >> Ben
> > > >> It is a good idea.
> > > >>
> > > >> Any volunteer?
> > > >>
> > > >> Enrico
> > > >>
> > > >> Il ven 10 gen 2020, 18:46 Benjamin Marwell <[hidden email]> ha
> > > >> scritto:
> > > >>
> > > >>> Hi everyone,
> > > >>>
> > > >>> since the classloader issue is resolved in the master branch, I'd
> like
> > > >>> to suggest a release before merging the violation class PR.
> > > >>>
> > > >>> The sooner the better (for the checkstyle team anyway).
> > > >>>
> > > >>> Thanks,
> > > >>> Ben
> > > >>>
> > > >>>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > >>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > > >>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > > >>>
> > > >>>
> > >
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>