Quantcast

M2Eclipse automatically adding javanature

M2Eclipse automatically adding javanature

Patel, Ronak Avinash (US SSA)

Hello,

We have a Maven Multimodule project that contains Adobe Flex and Eclipse CDT projects.

We’ve noticed on numerous occasions that whenever we use the Eclipse Import -> Existing Maven Project, that the M2Eclipse plugin adds the Java Nature automatically to the .project file.

Our .project files are already configured for the CDT or Flex Builder and we’re forced to go back and update the .project file manually to remove the Java nature.

Would it be possible for the M2Eclipse plugin NOT to do this automatically? Or, at least make this kind of functionality optional?

Thanks

Ronak Patel

Senior Software Engineer

BAE Systems NS

San Diego, CA

Re: M2Eclipse automatically adding javanature

Fred Bricon
You need to configure the lifecycle mapping of your project(s) : https://docs.sonatype.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2949459
Take the EAR case as an example (my first comment in the aforementioned reference)
In m2e 0.10.0, pom editor, click on the advanced tabs button (located in the upper right corner in some tabs)
The lifecycle mapping tabs will be available so you can have a nice looking interface to tweak your project configurators.

regards,

Fred Bricon