[M2] Querying which resolved artifact belongs to which originating project

[M2] Querying which resolved artifact belongs to which originating project

Bart Selders
I have had some trouble to locate by hand that project out of many (40+)
resolved projects which actually defines the jdbc-2.0 dependency in my
dependency tree. I had to clean up that dependency that i did not want
in my runtime classpath.

It would be really nice if there was a plugin or similar that could tell
which project is the originator of a certain resolved dependency, so we
could go and fix it.

(purely as example)

    m2 query:dependency -DartifactId=jdbc

and then m2 would then return a list of fully qualified project names in
which jdbc is set as a dependency.

Bart

The information contained in this communication is confidential and is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to  whom it is
addressed.You should not copy, disclose or distribute this communication
without the authority of iBanx bv. iBanx bv is neither liable for
the proper and complete transmission of the information has been maintained
nor that the communication is free of viruses, interceptions or
interference.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please return
the communication to the sender and delete and destroy all copies.

Re: [M2] Querying which resolved artifact belongs to which originating project

Brett Porter
We are planning in the current iteration to start annotating failures
in such a way.

- Brett