[M1] eclipse plugin: how to download sources?

[M1] eclipse plugin: how to download sources?

poellath
Hi,

I just noticed that the eclipse plugin will add sourcepath-entries to
the generated .classpath file for zip files found in the local repo
(e.g.  ~/.maven/repository/springframework/src//spring-1.1.5.zip).

Now how do I get them in place? I wouldn't mind dropping them into my
own remote repository, but I can't get them to be downloaded.

Cheers,
-Ralph.

RE: [M1] eclipse plugin: how to download sources?

Stéphane Nicoll
This has not been added to the plugin itself and I wonder why.

See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPECLIPSE-60 for a patch (it does not handle snapshot!)

Cheers,
Stéphane

RE: [M1] eclipse plugin: how to download sources?

David Jackman
I didn't know that.  Do you know if there's also a way for it to figure out a JavaDoc reference (either downloading a zip or some other way)?

On 06.05.2005, at 15:36, David Jackman wrote:
> I didn't know that.  Do you know if there's also a way for it to
> figure out a JavaDoc reference (either downloading a zip or some
> other way)?

I've never seen this documented, but found it in the source:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/maven-1/plugins/trunk/eclipse/
plugin.jelly?root=Apache-SVN&rev=126755&view=markup

JavaDoc references seem not to be supported, but could be added using
the very same mechanism, I guess.

On 06.05.2005, at 15:14, Stéphane Nicoll wrote:
> This has not been added to the plugin itself and I wonder why.
>
> See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPECLIPSE-60 for a patch (it
> does not handle snapshot!)

Thanks Stéphane, works like a charm (I don't need snapshots at this
point)!

This functionality should really be added to the plugin.

Cheers,
-Ralph.

Well, check the home page: http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/eclipse/ see 'Source Code Integration w/ Eclipse'

Cheers,