Looking for help with Apache Ivy retrieving timestamped SNAPSHOT artifact from Nexus Pro

Looking for help with Apache Ivy retrieving timestamped SNAPSHOT artifact from Nexus Pro

David M. Karr
Does anyone on this list have experience using Apache Ivy to retrieve timestamped SNAPSHOT artifacts from a Nexus Pro instance?

I have a small Ivy prototype in a smallish application.  Out of the nine dependencies the app has, seven I get from MavenCentral, one I get from a "releases" repo on our Nexus Pro instance, and the last I'm trying to get from a snapshots repo on the same Nexus Pro instance.  All of the dependencies "resolve", including both artifacts in the Nexus Pro instance, but only the one from the "releases" repo is retrieved.  Ivy just doesn't attempt to download the snapshot artifact.  I'm guessing the snapshots with timestamps don't match the file expression Ivy expects for that repo, so it just ignores it.

This is my Ivy repo definition:

    <ibiblio name="Snapshots" m2compatible="true" checkmodified="true"
             pattern="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision](-[classifier]).[ext]"
             root="http://<host>:<port>/nexus/content/repositories/cditspoc-snapshots"/>

The most relevant information I see for this artifact in the debug output is just this:

:: downloading artifacts ::
no report found for com.att.ecom.poc#poc-domain-model;0.0.1-SNAPSHOT!poc-domain-model.jar(bundle)

Again, this is probably a Hail Mary, but I suppose it's possible someone on this list might be familiar with this.

Re: Looking for help with Apache Ivy retrieving timestamped SNAPSHOT artifact from Nexus Pro

Mark Derricutt
AFAIK Ivy doesn't support timestamped SNAPSHOTs from a repository -  wasn't think one of the driving reasons for Gradle to abandon/fork ivy?  I've had this issue with Sbt as well ( which uses ivy ).

Mark

On 18 Feb 2014, at 7:11, KARR, DAVID wrote:

> Does anyone on this list have experience using Apache Ivy to retrieve timestamped SNAPSHOT artifacts from a Nexus Pro instance?

RE: Looking for help with Apache Ivy retrieving timestamped SNAPSHOT artifact from Nexus Pro

David M. Karr

Do you have any clear evidence or documentation of this?

> On 18 Feb 2014, at 7:11, KARR, DAVID wrote:
>
> > Does anyone on this list have experience using Apache Ivy to retrieve
> timestamped SNAPSHOT artifacts from a Nexus Pro instance?

RE: Looking for help with Apache Ivy retrieving timestamped SNAPSHOT artifact from Nexus Pro

David M. Karr

Note the following SO discussion that talks about timestamped SNAPSHOTS with Ivy: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2399099/resolving-snapshot-dependencies-with-timestamps-from-ivy .

I couldn't get this to work for me.

> On 18 Feb 2014, at 7:11, KARR, DAVID wrote:
>
> > Does anyone on this list have experience using Apache Ivy to retrieve
> timestamped SNAPSHOT artifacts from a Nexus Pro instance?

Any idea how to unsibscribe?

Stefan-2
I've tried an unsubscribe link a few times over the years and it didn't
work. Now I can't even find it.

Sorry for the spam, the repo manager is great, I just don't want to
receive this list anymore.

Re: Any idea how to unsibscribe?

Rahul Somasunderam
Stefan,

Send an email to [hidden email]

R,
rahul

On Feb 17, 2014, at 2:01 PM, Stefan <[hidden email]> wrote:

I've tried an unsubscribe link a few times over the years and it didn't
work. Now I can't even find it.

Sorry for the spam, the repo manager is great, I just don't want to
receive this list anymore.

RE: Looking for help with Apache Ivy retrieving timestamped SNAPSHOT artifact from Nexus Pro

David M. Karr

On this topic, does anyone know if it's possible to configure Nexus so that when a snapshot artifact is deployed to a snapshot repo, it just overwrites the plain snapshot artifact, instead of creating a timestamped file?  I'd prefer to get this working with the timestamped artifact, but I'd prefer to get it working at all.

RE: Looking for help with Apache Ivy retrieving timestamped SNAPSHOT artifact from Nexus Pro

David M. Karr

Hmm.  I thought I had figured out this problem.  I discovered the "uniqueVersion" property in the repository definition.  Setting it to "false" should make it so that when I run "mvn deploy", it will just store the plain SNAPSHOT file, instead of a timestamped version.

So, I added that property to the repository definition, installed the pom that was in (it's a parent pom of my project that produces the snapshot artifact), and then did a "mvn deploy" of the project that produces the snapshot artifact.

The "Uploading" and "Uploaded" messages in the output seemed to show it was still uploading a timestamped artifact.  I verified the result in Nexus.  No plain SNAPSHOT artifact.

What might I be missing?

Re: Looking for help with Apache Ivy retrieving timestamped SNAPSHOT artifact from Nexus Pro

Rich Seddon

On Feb 19, 2014, at 10:41 AM, KARR, DAVID <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

The timestamp version is generated by Maven, not Nexus.  And Maven 3 does not support non-unique snapshot deploys:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4059

Rich

RE: Looking for help with Apache Ivy retrieving timestamped SNAPSHOT artifact from Nexus Pro

David M. Karr

Yeah, I figured this out soon afterwards.  Back to the drawing board.