Logging api in plugins

Slawomir Jaranowski
Hi,

I'm writing some maven plugins - some for fun and with public code but more
maven plugins I'm writing for job in my company.

Maven from version 3.1.x use slf4j for logging.

But plugin api still use simple logging api
org.apache.maven.plugin.logging.Log.
It will be useful to have access to more richer feature of logging task.

What is the plan for future in this case?
 - extends  org.apache.maven.plugin.logging.Log in order to support slf4j
feature
 -  stop using/deprecating org.apache.maven.plugin.logging.Log and use in
plugins slf4j api for accesing loger.
 - maybe something else ...

--
 Best regards