Local jar not recognized from maven repository

Local jar not recognized from maven repository

Juleian
I need to do edit some code in a maven project. Therefore, I need to include
a jar I made. I am not really experienced in using maven, however I tried an
approach I found on StackoverFlow and the web.

First I added the jar to my m2 repository (just selected some terms for the
IDs):

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=C:\Users\Julian\Desktop\SensingCasa.jar
-DgroupId=mannheim
-DartifactId=sas -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar

Then I created the dependency in the correspoing POM file of the project:

    <dependency>
        <groupId>mannheim</groupId>
        <artifactId>sas</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
    </dependency>

The actual jar is also showing up under the dependecy list named "sas: 1.0"

However, if I want to instantiate a Class of my jar file, it says
"Interaction (Class name) cannot be resolved to a type"

Why is my Class still unkown?

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html

Re: Local jar not recognized from maven repository

Robert Patrick
That error message does not look like a Maven error message.  Try running your build with -X and look at the output of the maven-compiler-plugin.  If the class was not found during compilation, I would expect a different error message from the Java compiler...