Local configuration cannot be nested in a directory.

Local configuration cannot be nested in a directory.

jochen-2
Hi,

I'm trying M2E 0.10.0 on Eclipse Helios (3.6M7) and receive the stack
trace below when invoking "Run As ... maven clean" The same project
worked fine with 3.5.2. Is this a known problem? Any workarounds?

Thanks,

Jochen

--
Germanys national anthem is the most boring in the world - how telling!

!ENTRY org.eclipse.debug.core 4 0 2010-05-11 09:09:38.394
!MESSAGE Local configuration cannot be nested in a directory.
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Local configuration cannot be
nested in a directory.
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfigurationType.newInstance(LaunchConfigurationType.java:460)
        at org.maven.ide.eclipse.actions.ExecutePomAction.createLaunchConfiguration(ExecutePomAction.java:191)
        at org.maven.ide.eclipse.actions.ExecutePomAction.getLaunchConfiguration(ExecutePomAction.java:248)
        at org.maven.ide.eclipse.actions.ExecutePomAction.launch(ExecutePomAction.java:128)
        at org.maven.ide.eclipse.actions.ExecutePomAction.launch(ExecutePomAction.java:116)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchShortcutExtension.launch(LaunchShortcutExtension.java:434)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.actions.LaunchShortcutAction.run(LaunchShortcutAction.java:73)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.actions.LaunchShortcutAction.runWithEvent(LaunchShortcutAction.java:121)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1052)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1076)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:773)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$9.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:1284)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1052)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2601)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2565)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2399)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:669)
        at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:662)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:115)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1383)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.debug.core 4 0 2010-05-11 09:09:38.394
!MESSAGE Local configuration cannot be nested in a directory.

Re: Local configuration cannot be nested in a directory.

Igor Fedorenko-3
Yes, this is a known problem and there is currently no workaround.

https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-2191

Igor

Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying M2E 0.10.0 on Eclipse Helios (3.6M7) and receive the stack
> trace below when invoking "Run As ... maven clean" The same project
> worked fine with 3.5.2. Is this a known problem? Any workarounds?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jochen

Re: Local configuration cannot be nested in a directory.

jochen-2
Any chance for a fix?

I'd be willing to work on this, but to be honest, I wasn't even able to build m2eclipse from the sources. :-(

Jochen

Re: Re: Local configuration cannot be nested in a directory.

Igor Fedorenko-3
It should be fixed already
http://github.com/sonatype/m2eclipse-core/commit/525a99c6322fa49a22ef3ad70afd54aa26458368

What problems did you have building m2e from sources?

Igor

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 2:04 AM, Igor Fedorenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It should be fixed already
> http://github.com/sonatype/m2eclipse-core/commit/525a99c6322fa49a22ef3ad70afd54aa26458368

Thanks. Is there a build anywhere, which I can try?

> What problems did you have building m2e from sources?

Don't remember exactly, but basically some Eclipse jar files haven't
been found in either of the repositories. (I have to admit that using
Maven can be cumbersome against an existing binary with hundreds of
changing jar files.)

Jochen

--
Germanys national anthem is the most boring in the world - how telling!

Re: Local configuration cannot be nested in a directory.

jochen-2
jochen-2 wrote
On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 2:04 AM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@ifedorenko.com> wrote:

> It should be fixed already
> http://github.com/sonatype/m2eclipse-core/commit/525a99c6322fa49a22ef3ad70afd54aa26458368

Thanks. Is there a build anywhere, which I can try?
Now that Helios is released, it would be really nice to have a development build, or something like that.

Jochen

Re: Local configuration cannot be nested in a directory.

birt
Everything was working fine with Helios and m2eclipse, then out of the blue I get this same error (Local configuration cannot be nested in a directory) whatever maven operation I try and do in eclipse, even for brand new projects.

Any work around or fix yet? I cant work without it, as ecipse cant resolve any of the dependencies so cant edit code.

Re: Local configuration cannot be nested in a directory.

birt
I tried to sumit a jira issue at https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE, but get
"oops an error occurred"
when trying to create an account.

I tried a help->check for updates in eclipse, but now get:

No repository found at http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/.

Are we going to have to go back to configuring all our build paths an libs by hand?  is there any way to use eclipse without the m2ecilpse plugin, but have maven still manage the build path?