License - 301 Moved Permanently

Anthony Whitford
I just noticed that my generated Site isn’t properly including the MIT License.

In my pom.xml, I have:

  <licenses>
    <license>
      <name>The MIT License</name>
      <url>http://www.opensource.org/licenses/MIT</url>
      <distribution>repo</distribution>
    </license>
  </licenses>

And I also have a LICENSE file in the Project’s root.

The url is valid.  However, the generated licenses.html file shows:

Project Licenses
The MIT License
[Original text]
Copy of the license follows:

301 Moved Permanently
nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)

The [Original text] link works — it points to http://www.opensource.org/licenses/MIT <http://www.opensource.org/licenses/MIT> — but the “copy of the license” is obviously not working.

Note that I am using:
• Apache Maven 3.6.3
• JDK 15.0.1
• The latest maven-project-info-reports-plugin — version 3.1.1
• running on macOS Big Sur 11.2.1

I double checked the POM documentation here: http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#licenses
However, I do not see a problem.

Do I have a problem with the pom’s license configuration?

Re: License - 301 Moved Permanently

Thomas Broyer-2
Well, at a minimum, http:// is redirecting to https:// so that explains the
301.

Le dim. 14 févr. 2021 à 21:13, Anthony Whitford <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> I just noticed that my generated Site isn’t properly including the MIT
> License.
>
> In my pom.xml, I have:
>
>   <licenses>
>     <license>
>       <name>The MIT License</name>
>       <url>http://www.opensource.org/licenses/MIT</url>
>       <distribution>repo</distribution>
>     </license>
>   </licenses>
>
> And I also have a LICENSE file in the Project’s root.
>
> The url is valid.  However, the generated licenses.html file shows:
>
> Project Licenses
> The MIT License
> [Original text]
> Copy of the license follows:
>
> 301 Moved Permanently
> nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)
>

> The [Original text] link works — it points to
> http://www.opensource.org/licenses/MIT <
> http://www.opensource.org/licenses/MIT> — but the “copy of the license”
> is obviously not working.
>
> Note that I am using:
> • Apache Maven 3.6.3
> • JDK 15.0.1
> • The latest maven-project-info-reports-plugin — version 3.1.1
> • running on macOS Big Sur 11.2.1
>
> I double checked the POM documentation here:
> http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#licenses
> However, I do not see a problem.
>
> Do I have a problem with the pom’s license configuration?

Re: License - 301 Moved Permanently

Anthony Whitford
Thank you Thomas — changing to https removed the 301 issue.