Kerberos authentication support

anshul.gupta01

Hi All,

Do we have  any support  for Kerberos or NTLM  authentication in Nexus.

I tried to find out but couldn’t get a proper answer.

Thanks | Regards

Anshul Gupta

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee, or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this e-mail or its attachments.

Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or virus-free.
The Barclays Group does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from unauthorised access to, or interference with, any Internet communications by any third party, or from the transmission of any viruses. Replies to this e-mail may be monitored by the Barclays Group for operational or business reasons.

Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments that does not relate to the business of the Barclays Group is personal to the sender and is not given or endorsed by the Barclays Group.

Barclays Bank PLC.Registered in England and Wales (registered no. 1026167).
Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP, United Kingdom.

Barclays Bank PLC is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 122702).

Re: Kerberos authentication support

Peter Lynch-2
If you refer to Nexus proxy repositories, Kerberos is not supported, NTLM is.

The UI includes authentication fields to enter the NTLM host and domain.

-Peter

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 2:54 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Peter,

To include Kerberos authentication we have written code and we are able to get details of authenticated user from that.

Now I want to pass these details to Nexus.

I have written one filter which sets these details in encoded form in the header like:-

Please ignore hardcoded username/password  here they will be replaced later.

String source = "admin:admin123";

              byte[] byteArray;

              try {

                     byteArray = source.getBytes("UTF-16");

                     request.setAttribute("authorization",

                                  "Basic " + Base64.encodeToString(byteArray));

              } catch (Exception e) {

              }

I tried to find out the authentication process in Nexus and came across a class NexusHttpAuthenticationFilter.java where I saw that Nexus expects authentication details in Base64 encoded form in request that’s why did this Base64 encoding and put the details in header but seems that it is not helping.

Could you please tell me how I can pass my authorization  details to Nexus to enable SSO.

Regards

Anshul Gupta