Jmeter/perf testing through Maven?

dhartford-2
Hey all,
*Got unit tests with Junit/maven-test.
*Got functional tests with Cactus/maven-cactus.
*?How does one do performance tests?

I'm just beginning to go down the road of perf tests, so I do plead some
ignorance.  I'm looking into Jmeter, but it seems strongly oriented
towards GUI-run, while my environment is trying to stick with continuous
integration via Maven/CruiseControl.  The projects are mostly
container-based, either servlets in Tomcat or Jetty (or
jboss-embedded-tomcat), or EJB's & WebServices on Jboss, Jonas, and
possibly Geronimo.  Looking for any maven-plugin projects for perf
testing, or at least Ant-supported to be called via Maven.

Any recommendations?
-D

RE: Jmeter/perf testing through Maven?

Ryan Sonnek
check out junitperf (http://www.clarkware.com/software/JUnitPerf.html).
it extends junit, so it runs well with maven/continuous integration.

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

RE: Jmeter/perf testing through Maven?

Smith, Thad
If you prefer JMeter, it does have the ability to replay a test via the
command line, which can be easily kicked off from a custom goal using an
exec tag. If not, JUnitPerf is a great tool.

Regards,

Thad Smith