Javadoc generation (Feature request + shameless praise)

Javadoc generation (Feature request + shameless praise)

Henrik Schmidt-Møller
Hi there,

I downloaded Nexus about a week ago and I must say I'm very impressed. I've not yet been able to find a bug, which took me about 30 minutes with Archiva .

Anyway, I'm missing a feature, but I'm not sure that it even falls withing the scope of Nexus. I've noticed that most of the third-party products we use do not publish a ${artifactId}-javadoc.jar in the central repository but quite a few publish sources. As I would like to view the javadoc in my external browser when coding, this is a bit annoying. Would it be a good idea to add a feature in Nexus to generate unpublished javadoc jars with the sources jar as a basis?

Best Regards,
  Henrik Schmidt

RE: Javadoc generation (Feature request + shameless praise)

Brian E. Fox
Henrik,
Thanks for the shameless praise.

Monitoring and correcting certain things like javadocs are on the plan, albeit way down the plan right now. Is this something you envision enabling locally to checkout, build the javadocs and deploy them to your private Nexus, or where you thinking more of checks and balances on Central / a Central mirror enforced by Nexus?

RE: Javadoc generation (Feature request + shameless praise)

Henrik Schmidt-Møller
Brian E Fox wrote
Monitoring and correcting certain things like javadocs are on the plan, albeit way down the plan right now. Is this something you envision enabling locally to checkout, build the javadocs and deploy them to your private Nexus, or where you thinking more of checks and balances on Central / a Central mirror enforced by Nexus?
Both, actually. The idea was, that Nexus could recognize, that a downloaded artifact had sources but no javadoc, and then build+deploy the javadoc automatically.