Quantcast

JUnit test failures stop the build, but test errors do not

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

JUnit test failures stop the build, but test errors do not

Heinrichs, Dirk
Hi,

I've just joined a project which is using Maven for its builds. When running JUnit tests, the build fails if there is a build failure, but it does not fail if there is a test error.

I'm new to maven so I'd like to know wether this is expected behaviour or not, and if there is a way to make it fail on test errors, too (I didn't find anything in the documentation).

Thanks...

    Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)211 56623 316
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 56623 450
Capgemini Deutschland   | Mail: [hidden email]
Wanheimerstraße 68      | Web:  http://www.de.capgemini.com
D-40468 Düsseldorf      | ICQ#: 110037733
GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: wwwkeys.pgp.net

Firma: Capgemini Deutschland GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Schulte (Sprecher) • Dr. Uwe Dumslaff • Burkhard Kehrbusch • Josef Ranner
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Antonio Schnieder
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 98814






This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message
in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: JUnit test failures stop the build, but test errors do not

Ben Caradoc-Davies
This is not the default behaviour, but can be set as a configuration
option (not recommended under normal circumstances):
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#testFailureIgnore

Are there any configuration settings for the surefire plugin in the
project pom?

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 14/05/12 16:55, Heinrichs, Dirk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just joined a project which is using Maven for its builds. When running JUnit tests, the build fails if there is a build failure, but it does not fail if there is a test error.
>
> I'm new to maven so I'd like to know wether this is expected behaviour or not, and if there is a way to make it fail on test errors, too (I didn't find anything in the documentation).
>
> Thanks...
>
>      Dirk
> --
> Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)211 56623 316
> Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 56623 450
> Capgemini Deutschland   | Mail: [hidden email]
> Wanheimerstraße 68      | Web:  http://www.de.capgemini.com
> D-40468 Düsseldorf      | ICQ#: 110037733
> GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: wwwkeys.pgp.net
>
> Firma: Capgemini Deutschland GmbH
> Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Schulte (Sprecher) • Dr. Uwe Dumslaff • Burkhard Kehrbusch • Josef Ranner
> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Antonio Schnieder
> Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 98814
>
>
>
>
>
>
> This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
> intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
> read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message
> in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]>
Software Engineer
CSIRO Earth Science and Resource Engineering
Australian Resources Research Centre

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: JUnit test failures stop the build, but test errors do not

Heinrichs, Dirk

Firma: Capgemini Deutschland GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Schulte (Sprecher) • Dr. Uwe Dumslaff • Burkhard Kehrbusch • Josef Ranner
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Antonio Schnieder
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 98814






This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message
in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Am 14.05.2012 11:06, schrieb Ben Caradoc-Davies:
> This is not the default behaviour, but can be set as a configuration
> option (not recommended under normal circumstances):
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#testFailureIgnore
There's no such setting in the projects POMs, so I tried running the
build with an explicit -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=false, but it didn't
make a difference.
> Are there any configuration settings for the surefire plugin in the
> project pom?
I didn't find any.

Bye...

    Dirk

--
_______________________________________________________________________
Dirk Heinrichs
 

Capgemini | Düsseldorf
Phone: +49 211 56623 316 - Mobile: +49 151 4025 2208
Fax: +49 211 56623 450 - e-mail: [hidden email]
www.de.capgemini.com

Wanheimerstrasse 68, 40468 Düsseldorf, Germany
People matter, results count.
_______________________________________________________________________




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

signature.asc (268 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: JUnit test failures stop the build, but test errors do not

Kristian Rosenvold-4
In reply to this post by Heinrichs, Dirk
You probably want to make sure you're running at least verision 2.11
of surefire. 2.12 is the latest.

Kristian


2012/5/14 Heinrichs, Dirk <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I've just joined a project which is using Maven for its builds. When running JUnit tests, the build fails if there is a build failure, but it does not fail if there is a test error.
>
> I'm new to maven so I'd like to know wether this is expected behaviour or not, and if there is a way to make it fail on test errors, too (I didn't find anything in the documentation).
>
> Thanks...
>
>    Dirk
> --
> Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)211 56623 316
> Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 56623 450
> Capgemini Deutschland   | Mail: [hidden email]
> Wanheimerstraße 68      | Web:  http://www.de.capgemini.com
> D-40468 Düsseldorf      | ICQ#: 110037733
> GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: wwwkeys.pgp.net
>
> Firma: Capgemini Deutschland GmbH
> Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Schulte (Sprecher) • Dr. Uwe Dumslaff • Burkhard Kehrbusch • Josef Ranner
> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Antonio Schnieder
> Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 98814
>
>
>
>
>
>
> This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
> intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
> read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message
> in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: JUnit test failures stop the build, but test errors do not

Heinrichs, Dirk

Firma: Capgemini Deutschland GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Schulte (Sprecher) • Dr. Uwe Dumslaff • Burkhard Kehrbusch • Josef Ranner
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Antonio Schnieder
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 98814






This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message
in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Am 14.05.2012 11:51, schrieb Kristian Rosenvold:
> You probably want to make sure you're running at least verision 2.11
> of surefire. 2.12 is the latest.
>
It's 2.10 here. I guess updating surefire would make the very next build
fail, right?

Thanks a lot...

    Dirk

--
_______________________________________________________________________
Dirk Heinrichs
 

Capgemini | Düsseldorf
Phone: +49 211 56623 316 - Mobile: +49 151 4025 2208
Fax: +49 211 56623 450 - e-mail: [hidden email]
www.de.capgemini.com

Wanheimerstrasse 68, 40468 Düsseldorf, Germany
People matter, results count.
_______________________________________________________________________




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

signature.asc (268 bytes) Download Attachment
Loading...