JDeprscan plugin 3.0.0 ?

Andres Almiray
Hello everyone,

While doing research on Maven plugins hat help you work with modular
applications I couldn't fail to notice that the jdeprscan plugin is listed
at version 3.0.0-alpha-1 and its page marks it as prerelease since 2017

https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jdeprscan-plugin/

As you may be aware this was the case for the jlink plugin which received
some love from Benjamin, Sandra, Karl-Heinz and co. and was able to cross
the 3.0.0 line in late 2020. It's actually now at 3.1.0.

I wonder what's missing in the current state to turn it into 3.0.0? What
can be done to make this plugin cross the 3.0.0 line as well? Happy to help.

Cheers,
Andres

Java Champion; Groovy Enthusiast
http://andresalmiray.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aalmiray
those who don't.

Re: JDeprscan plugin 3.0.0 ?

Benjamin Marwell-2
Sure, I can do that (again) :)

If you don’t mind, I would like to remove some deep nesting in a few
methods and extract some methods in other places as well,
because I might re-use some functionality in a later feature (for
scanning dependencies).

GH Actions would be a nice addition, too.
Maybe add some more ITs, some nits here and there,
and have some never-to-be-merged-branches of other plugins which use this plugin
so we have some more "real life" examples.

Oh, and docs, of course. I would like to add example output.
Please be sure to watch the bug tracker. ;-)

- Ben