Is there a tool to graphically see the dependencies between modules?

Is there a tool to graphically see the dependencies between modules?

Wim Deblauwe
Hi,

I have a lot of modules that depend on each other in one way or
another. Is there a tool in Maven to make the dependencies visible
(preferably in a graphical way)?

regards,

Wim

Re: Is there a tool to graphically see the dependencies between modules?

Jason van Zyl
On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 16:04 +0200, Wim Deblauwe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a lot of modules that depend on each other in one way or
> another. Is there a tool in Maven to make the dependencies visible
> (preferably in a graphical way)?

These are old pictures and have some quirks, but something like these:

http://www.codehaus.org/~jvanzyl/pom-moen.png

http://www.codehaus.org/~jvanzyl/pom-sugiyama.png

I have played on and off with various tools and I've started playing
with Jung:

http://jung.sourceforge.net/

I can throw my prototype somewhere if you want to look at it?

I feel that visualization of dependency graphs will be essential.

> regards,
>
> Wim

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Re: Is there a tool to graphically see the dependencies between modules?

Wim Deblauwe
Looks cool. Please throw it somewhere :)

regards,

Wim

2005/5/25, Jason van Zyl <[hidden email]>:

> On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 16:04 +0200, Wim Deblauwe wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a lot of modules that depend on each other in one way or
> > another. Is there a tool in Maven to make the dependencies visible
> > (preferably in a graphical way)?
>
> These are old pictures and have some quirks, but something like these:
>
> http://www.codehaus.org/~jvanzyl/pom-moen.png
>
> http://www.codehaus.org/~jvanzyl/pom-sugiyama.png
>
> I have played on and off with various tools and I've started playing
> with Jung:
>
> http://jung.sourceforge.net/
>
> I can throw my prototype somewhere if you want to look at it?
>
> I feel that visualization of dependency graphs will be essential.
>
> > regards,
> >
> > Wim

> jvz.
>
> Jason van Zyl
> jason at maven.org
> http://maven.apache.org

Re: Is there a tool to graphically see the dependencies between modules?

Alex Soto
Yes, I can see that being useful since I have some guys ramping up on a
codebase as well as being maven newbies.

On 5/25/05, Wim Deblauwe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks cool. Please throw it somewhere :)
>
> regards,
>
> Wim
>
> 2005/5/25, Jason van Zyl <[hidden email]>:
> > On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 16:04 +0200, Wim Deblauwe wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a lot of modules that depend on each other in one way or
> > > another. Is there a tool in Maven to make the dependencies visible
> > > (preferably in a graphical way)?
> >
> > These are old pictures and have some quirks, but something like these:
> >
> > http://www.codehaus.org/~jvanzyl/pom-moen.png
> >
> > http://www.codehaus.org/~jvanzyl/pom-sugiyama.png
> >
> > I have played on and off with various tools and I've started playing
> > with Jung:
> >
> > http://jung.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > I can throw my prototype somewhere if you want to look at it?
> >
> > I feel that visualization of dependency graphs will be essential.
> >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > Wim

> > --
> > jvz.
> >
> > Jason van Zyl
> > jason at maven.org <http://maven.org>
> > http://maven.apache.org

Re: Is there a tool to graphically see the dependencies between modules?

Wim Deblauwe
Could you please put your plugin somewhere? I would really like to test it.

regards,

Wim