Is javadoc plugin

Steven Caswell
I'm having trouble with the javadoc plugin (Maven 1.0.2,
maven-javadoc-plugin-1.7) and source modifications. It looks like if I have
a source modification defined in the project.xml, the javadoc plugin is not
including package.html and overview.html when it copies the source tree to
the alternate location to apply the source mods. The end result is that the
javadoc does not contain the content of these.

I find it hard to believe this hasn't been reported, but I looked through
Jira and the users mailing list and didn't see anything about it. Is this
really a bug in the javadoc plugin or am I missing something?

TIA

--
Steven Caswell
[hidden email]

Take back the web - http://www.mozilla.org

RE: Is javadoc plugin

Arnaud Héritier

> I'm having trouble with the javadoc plugin (Maven 1.0.2,
> maven-javadoc-plugin-1.7) and source modifications. It looks
> like if I have a source modification defined in the
> project.xml, the javadoc plugin is not including package.html
> and overview.html when it copies the source tree to the
> alternate location to apply the source mods. The end result
> is that the javadoc does not contain the content of these.
>
> I find it hard to believe this hasn't been reported, but I
> looked through Jira and the users mailing list and didn't see
> anything about it. Is this really a bug in the javadoc plugin
> or am I missing something?

Hi Steven,

        Yes, this is a bug !!! :-(

        I created and fixed this issue : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPJAVADOC-59

        You can download and test the SNAPSHOT :

maven plugin:download -Dmaven.repo.remote=http://cvs.apache.org/repository -DgroupId=maven -DartifactId=maven-javadoc-plugin
-Dversion=SNAPSHOT

        Thanks

Arnaud