Is it possible to search maven site?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Is it possible to search maven site?

Wen Shixiang
Hi All,

Is there any existing solution to search maven site? Any maven plugin to do
that?

Bruce Wen (GuangMing)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

AW: Is it possible to search maven site?

Hohl, Gerrit
Hello Bruce,

depends on what you mean. You can use the Google search:
https://maven.apache.org/skins/maven-fluido-skin/#GoogleSearch
Of course this only works if your Maven site is accessible from the Internet.

So far I haven't seen any plugin or whatsoever which enables some kind of offline search.

Regards,
Gerrit
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bruce Wen [mailto:[hidden email]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2017 13:53
An: [hidden email]
Betreff: Is it possible to search maven site?

Hi All,

Is there any existing solution to search maven site? Any maven plugin to do that?

Bruce Wen (GuangMing)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Is it possible to search maven site?

Wen Shixiang
Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I want to search maven site content even it's not published to
internet.

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 2:29 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Bruce,
>
> depends on what you mean. You can use the Google search:
> https://maven.apache.org/skins/maven-fluido-skin/#GoogleSearch
> Of course this only works if your Maven site is accessible from the
> Internet.
>
> So far I haven't seen any plugin or whatsoever which enables some kind of
> offline search.
>
> Regards,
> Gerrit
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Bruce Wen [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2017 13:53
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Is it possible to search maven site?
>
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any existing solution to search maven site? Any maven plugin to
> do that?
>
> Bruce Wen (GuangMing)
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>



--
Bruce Wen (GuangMing)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Undertake not what you cannot perform, but be careful to keep your promise
- George Washington"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internet Email:[hidden email]
LinkedIn:cn.linkedin.com/in/wengm
Blog:crest-boy.livejournal.com
MSN:[hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Is it possible to search maven site?

Tommy Svensson
I know of nothing that does both, but if you want to find something locally and are on:

Mac: 
    You’d think that spotlight would be able to help here but NO!

Any unix (including Mac), in a shell:
    find ~/.m2/repository -name <name>*-*.jar -print

    This should give you a pretty clear result.

Windows:
    Sorry, I have no idea about how to do it on this platform. Installing Cygwin or even the git bash would allow you to use the unix find, but ~/.m2/repository will not work then so you would have to resolve the path from the bash shell to your windows home directory (which is not where $HOME points to in Cygwin nor Git bash). Windows wise it would be "C:\Users\<user>\.m2\repository”. I think cygwin has a ”cygpath -u <windows path>” command that would give you the cygwin path.

Regards,
Tommy


Från: Bruce Wen [hidden email]
Svara: Maven Users List [hidden email]
Datum: 13 juli 2017 at 13:33:28
Till: Maven Users List [hidden email]
Ämne:  Re: Is it possible to search maven site?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I want to search maven site content even it's not published to
internet.

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 2:29 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Bruce,
>
> depends on what you mean. You can use the Google search:
> https://maven.apache.org/skins/maven-fluido-skin/#GoogleSearch
> Of course this only works if your Maven site is accessible from the
> Internet.
>
> So far I haven't seen any plugin or whatsoever which enables some kind of
> offline search.
>
> Regards,
> Gerrit
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Bruce Wen [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2017 13:53
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Is it possible to search maven site?
>
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any existing solution to search maven site? Any maven plugin to
> do that?
>
> Bruce Wen (GuangMing)
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>



--
Bruce Wen (GuangMing)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Undertake not what you cannot perform, but be careful to keep your promise
- George Washington"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internet Email:[hidden email]
LinkedIn:cn.linkedin.com/in/wengm
Blog:crest-boy.livejournal.com
MSN:[hidden email]

signature.asc (236 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Is it possible to search maven site?

Guang Chao
In reply to this post by Hohl, Gerrit
On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 8:29 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Bruce,
>
> depends on what you mean. You can use the Google search:
> https://maven.apache.org/skins/maven-fluido-skin/#GoogleSearch
> Of course this only works if your Maven site is accessible from the
> Internet.
>

I think some parts of the website is not searchable because of robots.txt


>
> So far I haven't seen any plugin or whatsoever which enables some kind of
> offline search.
>
> Regards,
> Gerrit
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Bruce Wen [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2017 13:53
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Is it possible to search maven site?
>
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any existing solution to search maven site? Any maven plugin to
> do that?
>
> Bruce Wen (GuangMing)
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>



--
Guang <http://javadevnotes.com/java-left-pad-string-with-spaces-examples/>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

AW: Is it possible to search maven site?

Hohl, Gerrit
Hello Guang,

as far as I know you need a robot.txt only if you want to control the behavior of web search engines.
Otherwise your website will be indexed just by the algorithm if the search engine.
Another point is the <head> tag and the information there.
I know that there are some tags which help you controlling the behavior of web search engines, too.

One of my projects has the Google search included:
http://javadpkg.sourceforge.net/
So you can try using it by yourself.
Maybe I should add that the project doesn't have a robot.txt as well as any search engine specific teags in the <head> tag of the pages.

Regards,
Gerrit
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Guang Chao [mailto:[hidden email]]
Gesendet: Freitag, 14. Juli 2017 07:02
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Re: Is it possible to search maven site?

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 8:29 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Bruce,
>
> depends on what you mean. You can use the Google search:
> https://maven.apache.org/skins/maven-fluido-skin/#GoogleSearch
> Of course this only works if your Maven site is accessible from the
> Internet.
>

I think some parts of the website is not searchable because of robots.txt


>
> So far I haven't seen any plugin or whatsoever which enables some kind
> of offline search.
>
> Regards,
> Gerrit
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Bruce Wen [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2017 13:53
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Is it possible to search maven site?
>
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any existing solution to search maven site? Any maven plugin
> to do that?
>
> Bruce Wen (GuangMing)
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>



--
Guang <http://javadevnotes.com/java-left-pad-string-with-spaces-examples/>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: AW: Is it possible to search maven site?

Jim Klo
If you're planning on using Google to index and search the maven generated site, you should be using a sitemap.xml for the best performance and most control. See https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/156184?hl=en for details.

The robots.txt is honored, but really doesn't provide any control over indexing. Also if you want to be indexed on a regular schedule you'll need to register your sitemap.xml with Google using the Webmaster Tools.

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
SRI International
t: @nsomnac

On Jul 14, 2017, at 12:43 AM, "[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>" <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Hello Guang,

as far as I know you need a robot.txt only if you want to control the behavior of web search engines.
Otherwise your website will be indexed just by the algorithm if the search engine.
Another point is the <head> tag and the information there.
I know that there are some tags which help you controlling the behavior of web search engines, too.

One of my projects has the Google search included:
http://javadpkg.sourceforge.net/
So you can try using it by yourself.
Maybe I should add that the project doesn't have a robot.txt as well as any search engine specific teags in the <head> tag of the pages.

Regards,
Gerrit
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Guang Chao [mailto:[hidden email]]
Gesendet: Freitag, 14. Juli 2017 07:02
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Re: Is it possible to search maven site?

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 8:29 PM, <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Hello Bruce,

depends on what you mean. You can use the Google search:
https://maven.apache.org/skins/maven-fluido-skin/#GoogleSearch
Of course this only works if your Maven site is accessible from the
Internet.


I think some parts of the website is not searchable because of robots.txt



So far I haven't seen any plugin or whatsoever which enables some kind
of offline search.

Regards,
Gerrit
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bruce Wen [mailto:[hidden email]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2017 13:53
An: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
Betreff: Is it possible to search maven site?

Hi All,

Is there any existing solution to search maven site? Any maven plugin
to do that?

Bruce Wen (GuangMing)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>




--
Guang <http://javadevnotes.com/java-left-pad-string-with-spaces-examples/>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: AW: Is it possible to search maven site?

Wen Shixiang
Thanks for your replies.

What I need is to search maven site in intranet rather than internet. I
already get one solution as we have an internal search engine based on some
open source projects such as solr. That search engine can help index my
maven site and make content there searchable.

Of course, if you have better solution, please share it here. Thanks again!

Bruce Wen
Loading...