Internal Server Error upon upgrading to 2.7.0-03

Internal Server Error upon upgrading to 2.7.0-03

mdeggers
Environment:

CentOS 6.4 64 bit
Apache HTTPD 2.2.15-29
AJP 1.2.37
JRE 1.7.0_45 64 bit
Tomcat 7.0.39
TC Native 1.27

Upgrade process:

1. Shut down Tomcat instance
2. Remove nexus.war and nexus directory from webapps
3. Clean out work directory (work/Catalina/hostname/nexus
4. Back up nexus configuration
5. Copy in new nexus war
6. Start Tomcat instance

I saw no errors in catalina.out. However on loading or reloading the
splash page I get the following as a Javascript alert.

Nexus returned an error: ERROR 500: Internal Server Error
org/apache/commons/httpclient/util/DateParseException

After clearing the alert box, Nexus access via the web browser appears to
behave normally.

This environment has been working well with Nexus 2.6.

Thoughts on how to fix this, and what I screwed up?

Thanks,
Mark

/mde/

Re: Internal Server Error upon upgrading to 2.7.0-03

Jason Dillon-3
The class you reference is from httpclient 3.x which Nexus no longer uses.  Nexus only ships with httpclient 4.x now.

Do you have any custom plugins using httpclient 3.x which were assuming it was provided by Nexus core?

—jason

On November 27, 2013 at 2:37:19 PM, Mark Eggers ([hidden email]) wrote:

[...]

No custom plugins. I'm running a bog standard OSS version of Nexus.

I reverted back to 2.6.4-02 and took a look at the plugins. I seem to be
running two versions of the Outreach plugin, and two versions of the OSS
LDAP plugin.

OSS LDAP 2.3.1-01 (not expected) and 2.6.4-02
Outreach 1.3 (not expected) and 2.6.4-02

Mark

/mde/

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 15:05:07 -0800, Jason Dillon wrote:

> The class you reference is from httpclient 3.x which Nexus no longer
> uses.  Nexus only ships with httpclient 4.x now.
>
> Do you have any custom plugins using httpclient 3.x which were assuming
> it was provided by Nexus core?
>
> —jason
>
> On November 27, 2013 at 2:37:19 PM, Mark Eggers ([hidden email])
> wrote:
>
> Environment:
>
> CentOS 6.4 64 bit Apache HTTPD 2.2.15-29 AJP 1.2.37 JRE 1.7.0_45 64 bit
> Tomcat 7.0.39 TC Native 1.27
>
> Upgrade process:
>
> 1. Shut down Tomcat instance 2. Remove nexus.war and nexus directory
> from webapps 3. Clean out work directory (work/Catalina/hostname/nexus
> 4. Back up nexus configuration 5. Copy in new nexus war 6. Start Tomcat
> instance
>
> I saw no errors in catalina.out. However on loading or reloading the
> splash page I get the following as a Javascript alert.
>
> Nexus returned an error: ERROR 500: Internal Server Error
> org/apache/commons/httpclient/util/DateParseException
>
> After clearing the alert box, Nexus access via the web browser appears
> to behave normally.
>
> This environment has been working well with Nexus 2.6.
>
> Thoughts on how to fix this, and what I screwed up?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> /mde/

Re: Internal Server Error upon upgrading to 2.7.0-03

Jason Dillon-3
All plugins shipped with NX 2.6+ have the same version.  So you should only have 2.7.0-03 version plugins for your installation of NX OSS 2.7.0-03.

If you are using the sonatype-work/nexus/plugin-repository you should ensure old plugins are removed, otherwise the distribution should have the proper versions of the plugins needed.

 * * *

FTR… we we recommend using the standalone distribution… NOT the war distribution.  This distribution may be _removed_ in future versions of Nexus so I highly recommend and wholeheartedly suggest folks transition to the supported standalone distribution.

—jason

On November 27, 2013 at 3:28:40 PM, Mark Eggers ([hidden email]) wrote:

No custom plugins. I'm running a bog standard OSS version of Nexus.

I reverted back to 2.6.4-02 and took a look at the plugins. I seem to be
running two versions of the Outreach plugin, and two versions of the OSS
LDAP plugin.

OSS LDAP 2.3.1-01 (not expected) and 2.6.4-02
Outreach 1.3 (not expected) and 2.6.4-02

Mark

/mde/

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 15:05:07 -0800, Jason Dillon wrote:

> The class you reference is from httpclient 3.x which Nexus no longer
> uses.  Nexus only ships with httpclient 4.x now.
>
> Do you have any custom plugins using httpclient 3.x which were assuming
> it was provided by Nexus core?
>
> —jason
>
> On November 27, 2013 at 2:37:19 PM, Mark Eggers ([hidden email])
> wrote:
>
> Environment:
>
> CentOS 6.4 64 bit Apache HTTPD 2.2.15-29 AJP 1.2.37 JRE 1.7.0_45 64 bit
> Tomcat 7.0.39 TC Native 1.27
>
> Upgrade process:
>
> 1. Shut down Tomcat instance 2. Remove nexus.war and nexus directory
> from webapps 3. Clean out work directory (work/Catalina/hostname/nexus
> 4. Back up nexus configuration 5. Copy in new nexus war 6. Start Tomcat
> instance
>
> I saw no errors in catalina.out. However on loading or reloading the
> splash page I get the following as a Javascript alert.
>
> Nexus returned an error: ERROR 500: Internal Server Error
> org/apache/commons/httpclient/util/DateParseException
>
> After clearing the alert box, Nexus access via the web browser appears
> to behave normally.
>
> This environment has been working well with Nexus 2.6.
>
> Thoughts on how to fix this, and what I screwed up?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> /mde/

Re: Internal Server Error upon upgrading to 2.7.0-03

mdeggers
Yep, I just removed everything in that directory and let the upgraded
installation manage the plugins.

That solved the problem.

Thanks,

Mark