Include 'site' output in deployed javadoc jar

Include 'site' output in deployed javadoc jar

steve.gillam@gmail.com
Project where class's API is partially defined by the DTD of the XML it loads. Documentation relating to the DTD is currently held in HTML and loaded/referenced (from the class's JavaDoc) via src/main/javadoc/resources.

I would like to switch to generating those resources, for which the 'site' plugin would seem more than appropriate (thus encouraging me to reuse those artifacts in the project's website).

However, I can't seem to find a recipe for the use case 'Include Site in the distributable <project>-<version>-javadoc.jar' (such that class documentation may reference it).

Anyone any ideas?