Implicitly defined anchors

Trevor Harmon
The APT reference in the Doxia documentation says:

   "Section titles are implicitly defined anchors."

I assume this means I can create an anchor link to a section without
having to explicitly define an anchor for that section.

I've tried to use this feature by putting the name of a top-level
section between double curly braces (e.g., {{Installation}}), and it
does create an anchor link in the HTML (e.g., <a
href="#Installation">), but it doesn't go anywhere. There's no
corresponding anchor in the HTML (e.g., <a name="Installation">).

It all works as expected if I explicitly make an anchor out of the
section title.

Is this a bug, or have I misunderstood the documentation? Thanks,

Trevor

Re: Implicitly defined anchors

Lukas Theussl-4

Doxia 1.1 (current trunk) has changed the apt format, section titles are NOT
implicit anchors anymore. The corresponding docs are in SVN [1], they will be
pushed to the site when 1.1 is released.

OTOH, for the alpha branch (used by all versions of released site plugins), this
is a bug, it was discussed at [2]. It's probably not going to be fixed, I
recommend that you use explicit anchors for section titles, for the reasons given
in that discussion and for the sake of future compatibility.

Cheers,
-Lukas

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/doxia/site/src/site/apt/references/
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-138