Quantcast

Images in Site using APT format?

Thomas Pawlitzki-3
Hello NG,

I am generating my project website using maven and the APT format.

But I have difficulties to include an image into one of my webpages.

I put the image into
<project>/src/site/resources/images/overview.png
and refere to it in my APT like
[./images/overview.png] Overview

I found [1] that says that I should include the extension.
But it does not work.

When i call
mvn site
my target includes the image as expected
<project>/target/site/images/overview.png

But the html as result from my APT does not include any img tag but looks like:

</dd>
</dl>

So also my Text starting with "This overview ..." is shown in a yellow
box like the path to the image and the image caption.

How can i get the image inclusion right? What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Thomas

[1] http://maven.apache.org/doxia/references/doxia-apt.html#Figure_extensions

Re: Images in Site using APT format?

Lukas Theussl-4

Which version of the site plugin / doxia are you using?

-Lukas

Thomas Pawlitzki wrote:

> Hello NG,
>
> I am generating my project website using maven and the APT format.
>
> But I have difficulties to include an image into one of my webpages.
>
> I put the image into
> <project>/src/site/resources/images/overview.png
> and refere to it in my APT like
> [./images/overview.png] Overview
>
> I found [1] that says that I should include the extension.
> But it does not work.
>
> When i call
> mvn site
> my target includes the image as expected
> <project>/target/site/images/overview.png
>
> But the html as result from my APT does not include any img tag but looks like:

> </dd>
> </dl>
>
> So also my Text starting with "This overview ..." is shown in a yellow
> box like the path to the image and the image caption.
>
> How can i get the image inclusion right? What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas
>

> [1] http://maven.apache.org/doxia/references/doxia-apt.html#Figure_extensions

Re: Images in Site using APT format?

Thomas Pawlitzki-4
Hello Lukas,

I am using maven  2.2.0. I do not set a specific version for the maven
site plugin. So i guess I am using the default version for 2.2.0,
whereas I have to admit that I have no idea which version that is.

Is there a way to list the plugins and their version which are used
during the build?
Something like
mvn dependency:list
for dependencies.

Cheers,
Thomas

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Lukas Theussl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Which version of the site plugin / doxia are you using?
>
> -Lukas
>

> Thomas Pawlitzki wrote:
>>
>> Hello NG,
>>
>> I am generating my project website using maven and the APT format.
>>
>> But I have difficulties to include an image into one of my webpages.
>>
>> I put the image into
>> <project>/src/site/resources/images/overview.png
>> and refere to it in my APT like
>> [./images/overview.png] Overview
>>
>> I found [1] that says that I should include the extension.
>> But it does not work.
>>
>> When i call
>> mvn site
>> my target includes the image as expected
>> <project>/target/site/images/overview.png
>>
>> But the html as result from my APT does not include any img tag but looks
>> like:

>> </dd>
>> </dl>
>>
>> So also my Text starting with "This overview ..." is shown in a yellow
>> box like the path to the image and the image caption.
>>
>> How can i get the image inclusion right? What am I doing wrong? Can anyone
>> help?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Thomas
>>

>> [1]
>> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/references/doxia-apt.html#Figure_extensions

Re: Images in Site using APT format?

Thomas Pawlitzki-4
ah, I found http://maven.apache.org/general.html#plugin-version

here is the output

mvn -Dplugin=site help:describe
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0.1

Name: Maven Site Plugin
  current project.
Group Id: org.apache.maven.plugins
Artifact Id: maven-site-plugin
Version: 2.0.1
Goal Prefix: site

This plugin has 8 goals:

So it is Version 2.0.1

Cheers,
Thomas

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Thomas Pawlitzki
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Lukas,
>
> I am using maven  2.2.0. I do not set a specific version for the maven
> site plugin. So i guess I am using the default version for 2.2.0,
> whereas I have to admit that I have no idea which version that is.
>
> Is there a way to list the plugins and their version which are used
> during the build?
> Something like
> mvn dependency:list
> for dependencies.
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas
>

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Lukas Theussl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Which version of the site plugin / doxia are you using?
>>
>> -Lukas
>>

>> Thomas Pawlitzki wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello NG,
>>>
>>> I am generating my project website using maven and the APT format.
>>>
>>> But I have difficulties to include an image into one of my webpages.
>>>
>>> I put the image into
>>> <project>/src/site/resources/images/overview.png
>>> and refere to it in my APT like
>>> [./images/overview.png] Overview
>>>
>>> I found [1] that says that I should include the extension.
>>> But it does not work.
>>>
>>> When i call
>>> mvn site
>>> my target includes the image as expected
>>> <project>/target/site/images/overview.png
>>>
>>> But the html as result from my APT does not include any img tag but looks
>>> like:

>>> </dd>
>>> </dl>
>>>
>>> So also my Text starting with "This overview ..." is shown in a yellow
>>> box like the path to the image and the image caption.
>>>
>>> How can i get the image inclusion right? What am I doing wrong? Can anyone
>>> help?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Thomas
>>>

>>> [1]
>>> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/references/doxia-apt.html#Figure_extensions

Re: Images in Site using APT format?

Lukas Theussl-4

A figure block in apt is not indented. I guess you have a space before
[./images/overview.png], that's why it ends up as a definition list.

(sorry, I should have guessed that earlier...)

HTH,
-Lukas

Thomas Pawlitzki wrote:

> ah, I found http://maven.apache.org/general.html#plugin-version
>

> here is the output
>
> mvn -Dplugin=site help:describe
> [INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0.1
>
> Name: Maven Site Plugin
>   current project.
> Group Id: org.apache.maven.plugins
> Artifact Id: maven-site-plugin
> Version: 2.0.1
> Goal Prefix: site
>
> This plugin has 8 goals:
>

> So it is Version 2.0.1
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas
>

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Thomas Pawlitzki
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello Lukas,
>>
>> I am using maven  2.2.0. I do not set a specific version for the maven
>> site plugin. So i guess I am using the default version for 2.2.0,
>> whereas I have to admit that I have no idea which version that is.
>>
>> Is there a way to list the plugins and their version which are used
>> during the build?
>> Something like
>> mvn dependency:list
>> for dependencies.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Thomas
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Lukas Theussl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Which version of the site plugin / doxia are you using?
>>>
>>> -Lukas

Re: Images in Site using APT format?

Thomas Pawlitzki-4
Hey Lukas

> A figure block in apt is not indented. I guess you have a space before
> [./images/overview.png], that's why it ends up as a definition list.

Yes, indeed. You are totaly right.
Now it works as expected.

Thanks a lot.

Perhaps this hint can be put on the Doxia Webite.

Cheers,
Thomas

Thomas Pawlitzki wrote:

> Hey Lukas
>
>> A figure block in apt is not indented. I guess you have a space before
>> [./images/overview.png], that's why it ends up as a definition list.
>
> Yes, indeed. You are totaly right.
> Now it works as expected.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Perhaps this hint can be put on the Doxia Webite.

It's there already: http://maven.apache.org/doxia/references/apt-format.html#Figure

:)

-Lukas

> Cheers,
> Thomas

Re: Images in Site using APT format?

Thomas Pawlitzki-4
Hey Lukas,

>> Perhaps this hint can be put on the Doxia Webite.
>
> It's there already:
> http://maven.apache.org/doxia/references/apt-format.html#Figure

you are right, again.

Sometimes you can not to see the wood for the trees :-)

Cheers,
Thomas