Quantcast

I want to run install even if my tests fail

I want to run install even if my tests fail

Sommers, Elizabeth

Is there any way to do this?  And, yes, I know that it is a bad thing to
do but I need to attach some artifacts whether or not the tests have
failed.

Liz Sommers

Re: I want to run install even if my tests fail

Mick Knutson
In your surefire plugin:

<testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Sommers, Elizabeth <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Is there any way to do this?  And, yes, I know that it is a bad thing to
> do but I need to attach some artifacts whether or not the tests have
> failed.
>
> Liz Sommers

Mick Knutson

http://www.baselogic.com
http://www.blincmagazine.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mickknutson
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson
http://www.myspace.com/BLiNCMagazine
http://tahoe.baselogic.com
---

---
Thank You…

Mick Knutson, President

BASE Logic, Inc.
Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
f. (415) 685-4233

Website: http://baselogic.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mickknutson
---

Re: I want to run install even if my tests fail

Siarhei-2
or 'mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true'

Siarhei

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 7:34 PM, Mick Knutson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In your surefire plugin:
>
> <testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>
>
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Sommers, Elizabeth <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > Is there any way to do this?  And, yes, I know that it is a bad thing to
> > do but I need to attach some artifacts whether or not the tests have
> > failed.
> >
> > Liz Sommers
> > [hidden email]

> Thanks,
> Mick Knutson
>
> http://www.baselogic.com
> http://www.blincmagazine.com
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/mickknutson
> http://www.djmick.com
> http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson
> http://www.myspace.com/BLiNCMagazine
> http://tahoe.baselogic.com
> ---

RE: I want to run install even if my tests fail

Sommers, Elizabeth
Won't work because I want to run the tests (I am trying to attach
cobertura data).  I am looking for a property I can set at build time
that allows me to ignore failed tests and just continue to install.

Re: I want to run install even if my tests fail

Joshua ChaitinPollak

On Apr 2, 2008, at 2:10 PM, Siarhei Dudzin wrote:

> or 'mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true'
>
> Siarhei

As a short cut to the above solution we have the following in our
pom.xml. It lets us do:

mvn -Dskiptest install

Which is a minor improvement in terms of typing.

         <profile>
             <id>skiptest</id>
             <activation>
                 <property>
                     <name>skiptest</name>
                 </property>
             </activation>
             <!--            <properties>
                <maven.compiler.debug>true</maven.compiler.debug>
            </properties> -->
             <build>
                 <plugins>
                     <plugin>
                         <configuration>
                             <skip>true</skip>
                         </configuration>
                     </plugin>
                 </plugins>
             </build>
         </profile>

--
Joshua ChaitinPollak | Software Engineer
Kiva Systems, Inc., 225 Wildwood Ave, Woburn, MA 01970

Re: I want to run install even if my tests fail

Tom Huybrechts
-Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true