I want to customize the Nexus UI. Is it possible?

I want to customize the Nexus UI. Is it possible?

vbaeta
Hi.
I'm trying to add some links and tabs at Nexus frontend (UI).
I'm 'googling' it without success for now.

At this post: http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/07/writing-plugins-for-nexus-part-2/ in "bad news" section, seems not be possible to extend Nexus UI.

However, this post was posted July 24, 2009.

Is there now, at 2013, a way to customize the Nexus UI???

If exists, any links to documentation will be useful.

Re: I want to customize the Nexus UI. Is it possible?

Igor Fedorenko-3
It is certainly possible to customize some aspects of nexus ui, while
other areas of nexus ui are completely locked down. :-)

I can be more specific if you provide more information about what you
are trying to achieve, ideally with ui mockups that illustrate your
requirements.

Igor

On 2013-03-26 4:27 PM, vbaeta wrote:

> Hi.
> I'm trying to add some links and tabs at Nexus frontend (UI).
> I'm 'googling' it without success for now.
>
> At this post:
> http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/07/writing-plugins-for-nexus-part-2/ in
> "bad news" section, seems not be possible to extend Nexus UI.
>
> However, this post was posted July 24, 2009.
>
> Is there now, at 2013, a way to customize the Nexus UI???
>
> If exists, any links to documentation will be useful.

Re: I want to customize the Nexus UI. Is it possible?

vbaeta
Hi Igor,

See the mockup below:

First: The "new tab" is a tab where I will show some attributes read from a xml file with a pattern that I use at my job. This xml file would be placed in the repository with the artifact like:

    -artifact.rar
        -my_own_xml;
        -the_artifact_itself;

Second: the blue links would point to other artifacts in the nexus repository.

If is not clear, please ask me again for clarifications.

Re: I want to customize the Nexus UI. Is it possible?

Igor Fedorenko-3
Have a look at how maven-specific tab is contributed to that panel.

https://github.com/sonatype/nexus/blob/master/nexus-webapp/src/main/webapp/js/repoServer/Maven2InformationPanel.js#L140

Igor

On 2013-03-26 6:00 PM, vbaeta wrote:

> Hi Igor,
>
> See the mockup below:
>
> <http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/file/n5751961/nexus_ui_customization.jpg>
>
> First: The "new tab" is a tab where I will show some attributes read from a
> xml file with a pattern that I use at my job. This xml file would be placed
> in the repository with the artifact like:
>
>      -artifact.rar
>          -my_own_xml;
>          -the_artifact_itself;
>
> Second: the blue links would point to other artifacts in the nexus
> repository.
>
> If is not clear, please ask me again for clarifications.
>
> Thanks,

Re: I want to customize the Nexus UI. Is it possible?

vbaeta
Thanks, Igor.

I'll take a look and post my results here.

Regards,

On 2013-03-26 6:00 PM, vbaeta wrote:

> Hi Igor,
>
> See the mockup below:
>
> <http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/file/n5751961/nexus_ui_customization.jpg>
>

> First: The "new tab" is a tab where I will show some attributes read from a
> xml file with a pattern that I use at my job. This xml file would be placed
> in the repository with the artifact like:
>
>      -artifact.rar
>          -my_own_xml;
>          -the_artifact_itself;
>
> Second: the blue links would point to other artifacts in the nexus
> repository.
>
> If is not clear, please ask me again for clarifications.
>
> Thanks,

http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/I-want-to-customize-the-Nexus-UI-Is-it-possible-tp5751928p5752456.html
To unsubscribe from I want to customize the Nexus UI. Is it possible?, click here.
NAML

--

Vinicius Baeta