I think it’s time to push another core release...

I think it’s time to push another core release...

stephenconnolly
1 weeks notice before I declare a code freeze.

If you want to identify release blockers reply here and i’ll assess how
long to hold up until they are fixed
Sent from my phone

Re: I think it’s time to push another core release...

I would like to see in 3.5.3 if there are no objections:

* MNG-6298 3.5.2: ClassNotFoundException:
javax.annotation.security.RolesAllowed
* MNG-6312 Update Maven Wagon dependency (based on CVE-2015-6748
)

* MNG-6326 Build continues when core extensions aren't found
    WDYT ?

* MNG-6096
    I had the idea in mind to enhance the ComparableVersion
    (change only from private to public to make parts accessible)
    and enhance the implementation of DefaultArtifactVersion
    based on that to get the correct information
    from ComparableVersion which parses all the information
    and handling all the different cases.
    The same issue came up in versions-maven-plugin and
    build-helper-maven-plugin (where I removed the usage of
    DefaultArtifactVersion) to handle versions correctly
    and in the same way as in Maven itself.
    Maybe We can make a separate project to test
    different ideas...and postpone the deprecation
    to 3.6.X...

Kind regars
Karl Heinz Marbaise

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6298
[2]: https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-wip/job/maven/job/MNG-6298/

[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6312
[2]: https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-wip/job/maven/job/MNG-6312/

On 13/01/18 17:09, Robert Scholte wrote:

> +1
>
> 3.5.3 has one 9/10 closed, 1 is in progress[1]
>
> 3.5.3-candidate have a couple of issues with pull request, so let's
> verify those.
> (ps. I'd like to move MNG-6096 forward, since there's no clear
> explanation how DefaultArtifactVersion is replaced)
>
> 3.5-x-candidate[3] most seem to be dependency management related, don't
> think this will ever end up in a 3.5.x release.
>
> thanks,
> Robert
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MNG/versions/12341428
>
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MNG/versions/12338968
>
> [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MNG/versions/12338965
>
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:33:47 +0100, Stephen Connolly
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> 1 weeks notice before I declare a code freeze.
>>
>> If you want to identify release blockers reply here and i’ll assess how
>> long to hold up until they are fixed

Re: I think it’s time to push another core release...

Sylwester Lachiewicz
I would like to add dependency upgrde for maven-resolver, as soon as we can
have rel).
for resolver there is improvment to concurrent download poms - can have
positive impact on time.
I would also upgrade dep for maven-pom to 30 (as other plugins and utils
already had)

I have more fixes not published yet becouse I saw no progress to merging
other pull requests on Github yet.

sylwester