How to tell Maven to generate code when XSL has changed?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to tell Maven to generate code when XSL has changed?

mkarg
I am using xml-maven-plugin to generate Java code from XML:

 

       <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>

       <artifactId>xml-maven-plugin</artifactId>

       <version>1.0</version>

       <executions>

             <execution>

                    <phase>generate-sources</phase>

                    <goals>

                           <goal>transform</goal>

                    </goals>

             </execution>

       </executions>

 

This works well, but now I want that it automatically executes as soon
as the used transformation XSLT file was modified. So how can I tell
maven that it shall do generate-sources as soon as a particular file was
touched?

 

Thanks!

-Markus

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to tell Maven to generate code when XSL has changed?

Jörg Schaible-3
Hi Markus,

Markus Karg wrote:

> I am using xml-maven-plugin to generate Java code from XML:
>
>  
>
>        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>
>        <artifactId>xml-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>
>        <version>1.0</version>
>
>        <executions>
>
>              <execution>
>
>                     <phase>generate-sources</phase>
>
>                     <goals>
>
>                            <goal>transform</goal>
>
>                     </goals>
>
>              </execution>
>
>        </executions>
>
>  
>
> This works well, but now I want that it automatically executes as soon
> as the used transformation XSLT file was modified. So how can I tell
> maven that it shall do generate-sources as soon as a particular file was
> touched?

This is the responsibility of the plugin.

- Jörg


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to tell Maven to generate code when XSL has changed?

Leon Rosenberg
In reply to this post by mkarg


On 25.04.2013, at 10:13, "Markus Karg" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using xml-maven-plugin to generate Java code from XML:
>
>
>
>       <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>
>       <artifactId>xml-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>
>       <version>1.0</version>
>
>       <executions>
>
>             <execution>
>
>                    <phase>generate-sources</phase>
>
>                    <goals>
>
>                           <goal>transform</goal>
>
>                    </goals>
>
>             </execution>
>
>       </executions>
>
>
>
> This works well, but now I want that it automatically executes as soon
> as the used transformation XSLT file was modified. So how can I tell
> maven that it shall do generate-sources as soon as a particular file was
> touched?
>
>
mvn clean :-)
regards
Leon

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to tell Maven to generate code when XSL has changed?

Baptiste MATHUS
In reply to this post by mkarg
How would you like it to detect that file was changed?
If you can come up with a sensible way of doing that, please just file a
JIRA and we could look into it.
Even better, if you can provide a good patch I can take apply it.

Cheers


2013/4/25 Markus Karg <[hidden email]>

> I am using xml-maven-plugin to generate Java code from XML:
>
>
>
>        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>
>        <artifactId>xml-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>
>        <version>1.0</version>
>
>        <executions>
>
>              <execution>
>
>                     <phase>generate-sources</phase>
>
>                     <goals>
>
>                            <goal>transform</goal>
>
>                     </goals>
>
>              </execution>
>
>        </executions>
>
>
>
> This works well, but now I want that it automatically executes as soon
> as the used transformation XSLT file was modified. So how can I tell
> maven that it shall do generate-sources as soon as a particular file was
> touched?
>
>
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Markus
>
> --
> Baptiste <Batmat> MATHUS - http://batmat.net
> Sauvez un arbre,
> Mangez un castor ! nbsp;!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to tell Maven to generate code when XSL has changed?

Kathryn Huxtable
I'm not the requestor, but it seems like time stamp would be reasonable. But you also have a "forceCreate" config (or something like that, it's been a few weeks since I last typed it.) They could just use that and always generate the file.

-K
On Apr 25, 2013, at 5:20 AM, Baptiste MATHUS wrote:

> How would you like it to detect that file was changed?
> If you can come up with a sensible way of doing that, please just file a
> JIRA and we could look into it.
> Even better, if you can provide a good patch I can take apply it.
>
> Cheers
>
>
> 2013/4/25 Markus Karg <[hidden email]>
>
>> I am using xml-maven-plugin to generate Java code from XML:
>>
>>
>>
>>       <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>>
>>       <artifactId>xml-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>>
>>       <version>1.0</version>
>>
>>       <executions>
>>
>>             <execution>
>>
>>                    <phase>generate-sources</phase>
>>
>>                    <goals>
>>
>>                           <goal>transform</goal>
>>
>>                    </goals>
>>
>>             </execution>
>>
>>       </executions>
>>
>>
>>
>> This works well, but now I want that it automatically executes as soon
>> as the used transformation XSLT file was modified. So how can I tell
>> maven that it shall do generate-sources as soon as a particular file was
>> touched?
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Markus
>>
>> --
>> Baptiste <Batmat> MATHUS - http://batmat.net
>> Sauvez un arbre,
>> Mangez un castor ! nbsp;!


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to tell Maven to generate code when XSL has changed?

Jörg Schaible-3
Hi Kathryn

Kathryn Huxtable wrote:

> I'm not the requestor, but it seems like time stamp would be reasonable.
> But you also have a "forceCreate" config (or something like that, it's
> been a few weeks since I last typed it.) They could just use that and
> always generate the file.

Simply clean first to force generation.

> On Apr 25, 2013, at 5:20 AM, Baptiste MATHUS wrote:
>
>> How would you like it to detect that file was changed?
>> If you can come up with a sensible way of doing that, please just file a
>> JIRA and we could look into it.
>> Even better, if you can provide a good patch I can take apply it.

Create a timestamp file? IIRC the dependency plugin and assembly plugin do
it this way.

- Jörg


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]