Quantcast

How to set/configure the maven.repo.local?

How to set/configure the maven.repo.local?

thomas2004ch
Hi all,

I use maven1.

Sofar I know, If I run maven command, maven will first look up the local repository and then the remote repository. I know also, the default local repository is "${user.home}/.maven". How can I change this to another directory, assumed to "c:\projects\mvexe" ?

Besides, my project called "MyProject" is locates under "c:\projects\", i.g.:
c:
  \projects
    \mvexe
    \MyProject

I use the following code in "project.properties" but as I run maven command such as maven clean, it will download files from " http://repo1.maven.org/...".

maven.home.local=C:\\project\\MVEXE
maven.plugin.unpacked.dir=${maven.home.local}/cache
maven.repo.local=${maven.home.local}/repository

Regards

Thomas

Re: How to set/configure the maven.repo.local?

Julien Simon
Hi,

In your maven installation directory, you have to modify the settings.xml
file under the conf directory. You can specify your local repository like
that:

<settings>
  <localRepository>c:\localRepository</localRepository>
</settings>

Regards.

RE: How to set/configure the maven.repo.local?

Jörg Schaible-2
HI Thomas,

thomas2004 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Sofar I know, If I run maven command, maven will first look
> up the local
> repository and then the remote repository. I know also, the
> default local
> repository is "${user.home}/.maven". How can I change this to another
> directory, assumed to "c:\projects\mvexe" ?
>
> Besides, my project called "MyProject" is locates under
> "c:\projects\", i.g.:
> c:
>   \projects
>     \mvexe
>     \MyProject

Add a build.properties file to your user.home containing th line:

maven.repo.local=<wherever you want>

- Jörg

Julien Simon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In your maven installation directory, you have to modify the
> settings.xml file under the conf directory. You can specify your
> local repository like that:
>
> <settings>
>   <localRepository>c:\localRepository</localRepository> ...
> </settings>
>
> Regards.

that's M2, but question was for M1 ...

RE: How to set/configure the maven.repo.local?

thomas2004ch
That's right! Many thanks!

Jörg Schaible wrote
HI Thomas,

Add a build.properties file to your user.home containing th line:

maven.repo.local=<wherever you want>

- Jörg

Antwort: How to set/configure the maven.repo.local?

torsten.reinhard
you can pass -Dmaven.repo.local=.....

That´s very usefull too, if you have a Continuous Build system running,
where each build should work on its own "local repository".

Torsten

thomas2004 <[hidden email]>
17.07.2008 17:15
Bitte antworten an
"Maven Users List" <[hidden email]>

An
[hidden email]
Kopie

Thema
How to set/configure the maven.repo.local?

Hi all,

Sofar I know, If I run maven command, maven will first look up the local
repository and then the remote repository. I know also, the default local
repository is "${user.home}/.maven". How can I change this to another
directory, assumed to "c:\projects\mvexe" ?

Besides, my project called "MyProject" is locates under "c:\projects\",
i.g.:
c:
  \projects
    \mvexe
    \MyProject

Regards

Thomas

Re: Antwort: How to set/configure the maven.repo.local?

thomas2004ch
Good to know. Many thanks! :-)

torsten.reinhard wrote
you can pass -Dmaven.repo.local=.....

That´s very usefull too, if you have a Continuous Build system running,
where each build should work on its own "local repository".

Torsten

thomas2004 <thomas2004ch@yahoo.de>
17.07.2008 17:15
Bitte antworten an