How to release a Maven plugin ?

Enrico Olivelli
Hi,
I am interested in having a release for the Maven Assembly plugin.
I will have some time during this end-of-year period.

There are a few JIRAs open, some of them are already assigned

In particular I am interested in releasing the fix for:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MASSEMBLY-861

which I found to be a duplicate of this one, already committer to master branch
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MASSEMBLY-675

I would be a good change to learn the release procedure for Maven plugins

I found this doc, but it does not talk about "plugins", only "Core"
and "Parent POM"
https://maven.apache.org/developers/release/index.html

Cheers
Enrico