How to organize shared subprojects?

Daniele Pizzoni
Suppose I have 2 big projects Big1 and Big2, they both use a little web
sub-application WA.

I use WA in Big1 and Big2 as a Maven subproject, say WA1 and WA2.

The issue is that WA, WA1 and WA2 are not identical. That is they share
the same java code but they have different, personalized, jsps.

Now I looked around on the Net but I didn't find any obvious example on
how to organize this issue with maven. Should I split WA in two pieces
(common and local) or should I somehow "override" some of the jsps in
Big1 and Big2?

Using subversion, is worth using the svn external link feature?

Thank for your help, any advice or link will be greatly appreciated.

Dan
--
Daniele Pizzoni <[hidden email]>
Metaware S.p.A.

Re: How to organize shared subprojects?

Nicolas Chalumeau
Hi Daniele

2005/6/10, Daniele Pizzoni <[hidden email]>:
> Suppose I have 2 big projects Big1 and Big2, they both use a little web
> sub-application WA.
>
> I use WA in Big1 and Big2 as a Maven subproject, say WA1 and WA2.
>
> The issue is that WA, WA1 and WA2 are not identical. That is they share
> the same java code but they have different, personalized, jsps.

Create a project for your common src and use it in your webapps WA,
WA1 and WA2 as a dependancy.

Nicolas