Quantcast

How to move $USERHOME\.m2 folder to another directory?

How to move $USERHOME\.m2 folder to another directory?

benxs
Currently my Maven settings dir is

C:\Documents and Settings\ben\.m2\
resp.
C:\Documents and Settings\ben\.m2\repository

How can I move this directory to another location e.g.

D:\maven

Which parameters in which file do I have to change (even in Eclipse maven plugin) to have Maven
working with the new config+repository folder?

Ben

RE: How to move $USERHOME\.m2 folder to another directory?

hermod.opstvedt
Hei

In $USERHOME\.m2 settings.xml file you can specify the location of the
repository

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">

        <localRepository>point to your new location</localRepository>

Hermod

C:\Documents and Settings\ben\.m2\repository

How can I move this directory to another location e.g.

D:\maven

Which parameters in which file do I have to change (even in Eclipse
maven plugin) to have Maven working with the new config+repository
folder?

Ben

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that the DnB NOR Group
cannot accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the anti virus programs used
in the DnB NOR Group.

Re: How to move $USERHOME\.m2 folder to another directory?

Alexis Morelle
  Hi,

if that's just for the local repository you can do that otherwise if you
want to move the location of the settings file also, you can specify one
using "-s" option in maven. In eclipse you can set the location of the
settings.xml file in the maven preferences.

Be careful, if you forget the option, the settings file inside the .m2
directory of your home directory will be used. If it's not there, only
the global settings file (in the maven installation directory) will be
considered.

Using mvn --help you get:
-gs,--global-settings <arg>
Alternate path for the global settings file
  -s,--settings <arg>
Alternate path for the user settings file

Alexis.

Le 25/10/2010 14:51, [hidden email] a écrit :

> Hei
>
> In $USERHOME\.m2 settings.xml file you can specify the location of the
> repository
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0"
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0
> http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">
>
> <localRepository>point to your new location</localRepository>
>
> Hermod

deploy:deploy-file plugin

Gerard Weatherby
I'm trying to use the Maven deploy plugin to upload an additional file
to our online public repository.

When I specify
<url>sftp://gerardw,[hidden email]:/home/groups/c/co/connjur/htdocs/m2_repo</url>

in the distributionManagement section of my pm, maven reads the
necessary authentication info from settings.xml and everything works great.

When I attempt the same specification in the maven-deploy-plugin
configuration, it appears to ignore the user name and tries to login into
frs.sourceforge.net using my local username.

Is their a way to specify a user name to the maven deploy plugin?

Re: deploy:deploy-file plugin

Anders Hammar
Make sure to have the repositoryId param specified:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-file-mojo.html#repositoryId
Define the credentials matching this id in your settings.xml.

/Anders

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 15:04, Gerard Weatherby <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I'm trying to use the Maven deploy plugin to upload an additional file to
> our online public repository.
>
> When I specify
> <url>sftp://gerardw,[hidden email]:
> /home/groups/c/co/connjur/htdocs/m2_repo</url>
>
> in the distributionManagement section of my pm, maven reads the necessary
> authentication info from settings.xml and everything works great.
>
> When I attempt the same specification in the maven-deploy-plugin
> configuration, it appears to ignore the user name and tries to login into
> frs.sourceforge.net using my local username.
>
> Is their a way to specify a user name to the maven deploy plugin?

Re: deploy:deploy-file plugin

Gerard Weatherby
Yes, absolutely works like a charm. ..and it was in the documentation.
Just couldn't find it (tree, forest).
Thanks.