How to manually unpack central maven index file

How to manually unpack central maven index file

tallandtree
Hi,

Due to a proxy file size restriction, our nexus server cannot download the central maven index file, and thus is not able to download any new artifacts in the local repository. I have downloaded the index file manually (not via the proxy) and copied it to the server. But I cannot find how to import/unpack or whatever in Nexus.

Hope anyone can help me out here.

Regards,
Tallandtree.

Re: How to manually unpack central maven index file

Rich Seddon
Search indexes don't have anything to do with artifact downloads, they are used to support interactive search.  Something else is preventing artifact downloads (likely your firewall).

Have a look here for troubleshooting tips:

https://support.sonatype.com/entries/21437881-Troubleshooting-Artifact-Download-Failures

Rich

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 8:04 AM, tallandtree <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Due to a proxy file size restriction, our nexus server cannot download the
central maven index file, and thus is not able to download any new artifacts
in the local repository. I have downloaded the index file manually (not via
the proxy) and copied it to the server. But I cannot find how to
import/unpack or whatever in Nexus.

Hope anyone can help me out here.

Regards,
Tallandtree.

RE: How to manually unpack central maven index file

tallandtree

Rich, Thanks for your reply.

When I set “Download Remote Indexes” to False, the artifacts required by projects are downloaded to the local Nexus repository, so this index file (directly or indirectly) does seem to cause nexus to stop downloading artifacts when “Download Remote Indexes” is enabled.

In the log, I see that Nexus gets a 503 error from the proxy when downloading the index. Could it be that the auto blocking setting causes the artifacts not being downloaded?

Thanks,

Tallandtree

RE: How to manually unpack central maven index file

tallandtree

Hi Rich,

Indeed this error comes from our proxy server and not from Central and I’m already in discussion with our IT administrators to get this fixed (bypass the proxy for the nexus server). But it will take a while to get this implemented.

Therefore my question remains: do you know if it is possible to manually import the central maven index file into Nexus? As a workaround, I’ve disabled the download of the remote indexes, so it now does download required artifacts from central maven, but the Artifact Search is not showing all available artifacts.

Met vriendelijke groet/Kind regards,

Mariska Hoogenboom

Re: How to manually unpack central maven index file

Tamás Cservenák
Hi Mariska,

In short: currently there is no supportd way to "manually import" indexes into nexus.
Longer: it is possible to achieve that but not without restarting nexus, and a lot of manual work and coding.

I think it's not worth, you'd better fix your proxy :)

HTH,
~t~