Quantcast

How to list resolved dependencies without downloading them?

How to list resolved dependencies without downloading them?

Sebastian Schuberth
Hi,

I'm looking into ways to (preferably programmatically) list resolved dependencies (that is, after e.g. version conflict resolution has been applied) without actually downloading them. I've tried a lot of approaches, but each had its shortcomings. Without going in the details, I ended up doing

mvn compile dependency:list

similar as suggested at [1] in order to make "dependency:list" reactor-aware. However, the "compile" now triggers a download of transitive dependency JARs. I'd like to really just *list* the resolved dependency names / meta-data without actually downloading the JARs.

Is that possible somehow?

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/a/1905927/1127485

--
Sebastian Schuberth