Quantcast

How to get an URL encoded version of a property?

How to get an URL encoded version of a property?

Mirko Friedenhagen-2
Hello,

say I want to reuse some POM or system property as parameter in another
place in the POM but need it URL encoded. Does anyone know a Maven "magic"
to achieve this?

Programming a plugin to encode a given list of properties  and provide them
under a different name seems no biggy, but I would like to know if there
are other, better or easier options :-D .

Regards Mirko
--
Sent from my phone
http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com
http://github.com/mfriedenhagen/
https://bitbucket.org/mfriedenhagen/

Re: How to get an URL encoded version of a property?

Jörg Hohwiller
On 04/24/2012 08:09 PM, Mirko Friedenhagen wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Mirko,

> say I want to reuse some POM or system property as parameter in another
> place in the POM but need it URL encoded. Does anyone know a Maven "magic"
> to achieve this?
>
> Programming a plugin to encode a given list of properties  and provide them
> under a different name seems no biggy, but I would like to know if there
> are other, better or easier options :-D .

I also do not know any other way, but I might be missing something (e.g. new
features invented in m3).
Compared to jelly hacking in m1 I prefer writing a plugin though...

> Regards Mirko

Regards Jörg

Re: How to get an URL encoded version of a property?

Jörg Hohwiller
Hi Mirko,

you do not have to write a plugin:
http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/tasks/urlencode.html

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/

Cheers
  Jörg

> On 04/24/2012 08:09 PM, Mirko Friedenhagen wrote:
>> Hello,
>
> Hi Mirko,
>

>> say I want to reuse some POM or system property as parameter in another
>> place in the POM but need it URL encoded. Does anyone know a Maven "magic"
>> to achieve this?
>>
>> Programming a plugin to encode a given list of properties  and provide them
>> under a different name seems no biggy, but I would like to know if there
>> are other, better or easier options :-D .
>
> I also do not know any other way, but I might be missing something (e.g. new
> features invented in m3).
> Compared to jelly hacking in m1 I prefer writing a plugin though...
>

>> Regards Mirko
>
> Regards Jörg

Re: How to get an URL encoded version of a property?

Mirko Friedenhagen-2
Hello Jörg,

thanks for your suggestion. Though I always feel a litte bit like cheating
when using ant inside of Maven ;-) .

Regards Mirko