How is classpath set when running test?

Timothy Mcginnis

Hi all,

How is the classpath set when you right-click on src/test/java and select Run As -> JUnit Test?  How does it know to use the src/test stuff instead of the src/main stuff?

Tim McGinnis
717 720-1962
Web Development
AES/PHEAA

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended for the above addressees only.  If you
receive this message in error please delete or destroy this message and/or attachments.

The sender of this message will fully cooperate in the civil and criminal prosecution of any individual engaging
in the unauthorized use of this message.

Re: How is classpath set when running test?

Igor Fedorenko-3
https://docs.sonatype.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Runtime+classpath

Igor

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How is the classpath set when you right-click on src/test/java and
> select Run As -> JUnit Test?  How does it know to use the src/test stuff
> instead of the src/main stuff?
>
> Tim McGinnis
> 717 720-1962
> Web Development
> AES/PHEAA

Re: How is classpath set when running test?

Timothy Mcginnis

Thanks, this makes it clearer and it seems like I should not be having the problem I have.

When I run the server in RSA and hot-deploy the project it seems to be picking up the test/resources first instead of the main/resources.

Tim McGinnis
717 720-1962
Web Development
AES/PHEAA

From: "Igor Fedorenko" <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Date: 01/19/2010 03:52 PM
Subject: Re: [m2eclipse-user]  How is classpath set when running test?

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How is the classpath set when you right-click on src/test/java and
> select Run As -> JUnit Test?  How does it know to use the src/test stuff
> instead of the src/main stuff?
>
> Tim McGinnis
> 717 720-1962
> Web Development
> AES/PHEAA

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended for the above addressees only.  If you
receive this message in error please delete or destroy this message and/or attachments.

The sender of this message will fully cooperate in the civil and criminal prosecution of any individual engaging
in the unauthorized use of this message.

Re: How is classpath set when running test?

Fred Bricon
It's a bug (https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-904). For some reason, eclipse won't commit the deletion of linked resources.
As a workaround, you should manually remove the test sources/resources related entries in .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component

regards,

Fred Bricon

From: "Igor Fedorenko" <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]