How does maven resolve cyclic dependendencies/how should the verbose depenedency:tree display them

How does maven resolve cyclic dependendencies/how should the verbose depenedency:tree display them

Ian Lavallee
If I have Projects A, B, C with A depends on B, B depends on C, C depends
on A does maven still include one of each A, B, C?

Should the tree output be as below:

Project-groupId:Project-Artifact
\- A
   \- B
       \- C
           \- A (omitted due to cycle)

If this isn't correct what is the expected output or where can I find the
expected output?

Thanks,
Ian

Re: How does maven resolve cyclic dependendencies/how should the verbose depenedency:tree display them

Elliotte Rusty Harold
Context: Ian is writing code for the maven-dependency plugin to
reintroduce the verbose tree option we lost in 3.0.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold