How does dependencyManagement analysis in Maven-Tree work

How does dependencyManagement analysis in Maven-Tree work

Ian Lavallee
I have a working but not feature complete verbose tree builder and
serializer in the maven-dependency-plugin and I am trying to add the
dependencyManagement messages (ex.
(org.apache.maven:maven-model:jar:2.0.5:test - version managed from 2.0.4;
scope managed from compile; omitted for conflict with 2.0.7)) feature now
and I have a few questions:

1.  In the github for maven-dependency-tree
<https://github.com/apache/maven-dependency-tree/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/shared/dependency/graph/internal/Maven31DependencyGraphBuilder.java>
you
can see that maven31 and maven3 graph builders have null for their
PreManaged variables instead  of  DependencyManagerUtils.getPremanagedVersion(
node ) and node.getPremanagedVersion()   what is the reason for this, do we
no longer support these kinds of messages? If we still do can anyone point
me to where the code that manages this task is?

2. Should these messages be displayed on only omitted artifacts as the
example case or should it also be shown for included artifacts like:
org.apache.maven:maven-model:jar:2.0.5:test - version managed from 2.0.4;
scope managed from compile;

Thanks,
Ian