Help with shading jar

Quiyan H
Hi All
I am stuck with one shading stuff, Need help if there is known way out.
I have a project module which has bunch of dependencies and I want to shade
and relocate one of the dependency. I did that, but the problem is the
other dependency also uses the dependency that I shaded, but that doesn’t
use the relocated class, is there any way to make the other dependency use
the relocated shaded class instead of the original.
The catch is I can’t shade this other dependency due to other conflicts.

Module
DependencyA (uses dependency B as well)
DependencyB (shaded and relocated)

Want to make dependency A use relocated classes in the Module rather than
direct dependency B

Any help, even if it is something which can not be done, Please let me
know!!!

Waiting for a response!!!

Re: Help with shading jar

Alexander Kriegisch-2
I think some more detail and an actual sample project [1] would be more helpful than just prose. I am by no means an expert in the subject matter, but just last week I struggled with shading and package relocation too, so from what I still remember I might be able to help if I could reproduce your problem.

[1] [MCVE](https://stackoverflow.com/help/mcve)
--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://scrum-master.de

Quiyan H schrieb am 03.07.2020 04:18 (GMT +07:00):

> Hi All
> I am stuck with one shading stuff, Need help if there is known way out.
> I have a project module which has bunch of dependencies and I want to shade
> and relocate one of the dependency. I did that, but the problem is the
> other dependency also uses the dependency that I shaded, but that doesn’t
> use the relocated class, is there any way to make the other dependency use
> the relocated shaded class instead of the original.
> The catch is I can’t shade this other dependency due to other conflicts.
>
> Module
> DependencyA (uses dependency B as well)
> DependencyB (shaded and relocated)
>
> Want to make dependency A use relocated classes in the Module rather than
> direct dependency B
>
> Any help, even if it is something which can not be done, Please let me
> know!!!
>
> Waiting for a response!!!

Re: Help with shading jar

Quiyan H