Quantcast

Help needed on UI

marc.mielke
This post was updated on .
Hi all,

what's the most simple pattern to have a plugin load its ui resources in 2.8.0-05 ?
I'm stuck fiddling with UiContributor, WebResourceBundle and the js modile/package(s) naming conventions.. simply can't make it work.

Help greatly appreciated!

/mm

PS: I figured out that my class (extending UiContributorSupport) never gets instantiated. What am I missing?

Re: Help needed on UI

David Hladky
Marc Mielke <marc.mielke@...> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> what's the most simple pattern to have a plugin load its ui resources in
2.8.0-05 ?
> I'm stuck fiddling with UiContributor, WebResourceBundle and the js
modile/package(s) naming

> conventions.. simply can't make it work.
>
> Help greatly appreciated!
>
> /mm
> _______________________
> Senior Release Engineer
>
> hc:  <at> MM
> mail: marc.mielke@...
> mobile: +49 151 276 442 43
> phone: +49 30 240 20 4062
>
> Groupon.de ist ein Angebot der Groupon Gmbh
> Oberwallstraße 6 | 10117 Berlin
> Geschäftsführer: Emanuel Stehle, Nicole Weyde, Mark S. Hoyt
> Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Charlottenburg Berlin, HRB 123512 B
> Ust.-ID Nr. DE 268 596 614

Hi,

indeed, I have the same problem. All plugins I found so far are dependent on
the old classes and there is no mention how to use the new ones.

David Hladky

Re: Help needed on UI

Jason Dillon-3
Anything specific you are having issues with?

Yes we know the NX 2 UI stuff isn’t fun, and we are actively working on fixing this for NX 3… and we do plan on having examples of NX 3 UI plugins and vastly improved documentation.  But for NX 2 we don’t have any plans to bolster those docs or examples at this time.

So if you have a specific question about how to hook up UI please ask here with the version (since its changed a bunch on NX 2.x) and we’ll try to guide you in the right direction.

—jason