Quantcast

Heads up, Plexus IO/Archiver is going Java 7

Heads up, Plexus IO/Archiver is going Java 7

michaelo
Hi folks,

five months ago I asked about Java 7 upgrade of Plexus Archiver [1] and
received no reaction. I will move to a new major and integrate Plamen's
changes.

Additionally, he was so kind to work on Plexus IO too and remove all pre
Java 7 code [2]. I will raise major too and merge his changes.

This will effectively will change a lot of our codebase to Java 7.

If I won't receive any profound objection, the PRs will be merged.

Michael

[1] https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-archiver/pull/55
[2] https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-io/pull/5

Re: Heads up, Plexus IO/Archiver is going Java 7

Gary Gregory-2
On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 1:39 PM, Michael Osipov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> five months ago I asked about Java 7 upgrade of Plexus Archiver [1] and
> received no reaction. I will move to a new major and integrate Plamen's
> changes.
>
> Additionally, he was so kind to work on Plexus IO too and remove all pre
> Java 7 code [2]. I will raise major too and merge his changes.
>
> This will effectively will change a lot of our codebase to Java 7.
>
> If I won't receive any profound objection, the PRs will be merged.

Do it! :-) (non-binding)

Gary

> Michael
>
> [1] https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-archiver/pull/55
> [2] https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-io/pull/5

E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]

JUnit in Action, Second Edition

Spring Batch in Action
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Heads up, Plexus IO/Archiver is going Java 7

Olivier Lamy
well IMHO we can definitely have everything 7 mandatory...

On 5 May 2017 at 16:45, Anders Hammar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How would we handle this wrt versions of our plugins when the requirements
> for those are bumped from Java 6 to Java 7?
>
> For example, maven-jar-plugin has plexus-archiver as a dependency. m-jar-p
> v3.0.2 requires Java 6. Is a bump to v3.1.0 enough for going to Java 7?
>
> /Anders
>
> On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 10:39 PM, Michael Osipov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > five months ago I asked about Java 7 upgrade of Plexus Archiver [1] and
> > received no reaction. I will move to a new major and integrate Plamen's
> > changes.
> >
> > Additionally, he was so kind to work on Plexus IO too and remove all pre
> > Java 7 code [2]. I will raise major too and merge his changes.
> >
> > This will effectively will change a lot of our codebase to Java 7.
> >
> > If I won't receive any profound objection, the PRs will be merged.
> >
> > Michael
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-archiver/pull/55
> > [2] https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-io/pull/5

Olivier Lamy

Re: Heads up, Plexus IO/Archiver is going Java 7

Anders Hammar
On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 9:01 AM, Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> well IMHO we can definitely have everything 7 mandatory...

I'm fine with that, but I think we should at least bump minor version of a
plugin when this happens.

/Anders