Has maven central index stopped updating?

Has maven central index stopped updating?

Jim Sellers
Hi all.

I'm looking at the central index and the last timestamp is from the 9th,
but it looks like spring security 5.4.4 was released on the 12th.

https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/.index/
https://search.maven.org/artifact/org.springframework.security/spring-security-bom/5.4.4/pom

Does anyone know if there's something stuck?

Thanks for your time,
Jim

Re: Has maven central index stopped updating?

Bernd Eckenfels
Yes, maven central index has quite regularly problems with beeing stuck or laggy ,-/

Luckily normal maven resolving uses the meta data or direct path instead, which is reachable and shows the 2/12 versions

https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/springframework/security/spring-security-bom/

You can open a sonatype ticket, but one would expect this condition to be monitored quite easily by them.

https://issues.sonatype.org/projects/MVNCENTRAL/

There is a huge backlog of unanswered or unclosed (but answered) community tickets, I really wonder how the community could help here a bit. They should not have to carry the whole burden alone. If midweek a indexer failure is unnoticed for days (or an ongoing rebuild is not announced?) it is a warning sign (and it’s not new)

Gruss
Bernd

--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net