Handling emails in pom.xml

Maxim Solodovnik
Hello All,

Recently I noticed the issue with site generation [1]
<developers>
    <developer>
        <email>mailto:mailaddrr</email>
    </developer>
<developers>
Section is not being properly processed after switching to maven report
plugin 3.0 (please see [2])

What is the proper way to get well formatted emails?

[1]
https://github.com/devacfr/reflow-maven-skin/issues/40#issuecomment-445304386
[2]
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/OpenMeetings/job/openmeetings/site/openmeetings-server/team.html

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Handling emails in pom.xml

Andreas Sewe-2
Hi Maxim,

> Recently I noticed the issue with site generation [1]
> <developers>
>     <developer>
>         <email>mailto:mailaddrr</email>

AFAIK, the <email> element takes just the plain e-mail address, not a
(mailto) URI:

 <email>[hidden email]</email>

See [1] for a longer example.

Hope that helps.

Andreas

[1] <https://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Developers>

Re: Handling emails in pom.xml

Maxim Solodovnik
Thanks for the quick response
To illustrate the issue I have modified pom [1] to have both prefixed and
non prefixed emails
The result is here: [2] as you can see prefixed emails are correctly being
displayed as mailto: links, but has wrong text
Not prefixed has valid text, but wrong links ...

According to Frederich's investigation available here [3] this was working
with previous versions of maven report plugin
I'm OK with changing the pom.xml, but unfortunately it seems both ways are
wrong :(

[1] https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/master/pom.xml#L150
[2]
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/OpenMeetings/job/openmeetings/site/openmeetings-server/team.html
[3]
https://github.com/devacfr/reflow-maven-skin/issues/40#issuecomment-445304386

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Handling emails in pom.xml

Maxim Solodovnik
Maybe I should write to some other mailing list?

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax