[HELP WANTED] last modifications before Maven Archetypes release

[HELP WANTED] last modifications before Maven Archetypes release

I updated Maven Archetypes a lot
http://maven.apache.org/archetypes-archives/archetypes-LATEST/

The last update to do is on the profile archetype:
see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MARCHETYPES-56
Can someone help on it, please?

Re: [HELP WANTED] last modifications before Maven Archetypes release

Hervé BOUTEMY
Le mardi 13 mars 2018, 07:25:01 CET Enrico Olivelli a écrit :

> Il mar 13 mar 2018, 00:45 Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I updated Maven Archetypes a lot
> > http://maven.apache.org/archetypes-archives/archetypes-LATEST/
> >
> > The last update to do is on the profile archetype:
> > see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MARCHETYPES-56
> > Can someone help on it, please?
>
> I does seem a simple task,
yes, it should not be complex: just need to make something that represents a useful use case

> if you write some points to guide me and there
> is not much hurry I will happy to find the cycles to work on this.
the source code is in svn (until INFRA has time to migrate to Git...) and there is a Git mirror available on GitHub :https://github.com/apache/maven-archetypes/ then you can submit updates either as a patch or zip file attached to Jira or as a Github PR
As any archetype, the source of the generated project is in src/main/resources/archetype-resources and src/main/resources-filtered
And if you update src/test/resources/projects/it-basic/goal.txt content, building the archetype will make a generation of a project from the SNAPSHOT archetype: it's an easy way to have a check that the archetype generates working projects

Le mardi 13 mars 2018, 19:57:01 CET Robert Scholte a écrit :
> Does it make sense to move some of the archetypes to their matching
> project?
>
> For example, Why not move maven-archetype-plugin to the maven-plugin
> project.
> This should make it easier to maintain to to keep it up to date.
maven-archetype-archetype is one of the rare exceptions that could be done,
why not.

But on others, there are 2 issues:
1. some plugins are monomodule: changing them to multi-module just for that
seems overkill, and it would change documentation site structure
2. some archetypes don't have one natural plugin but multiple: j2ee, portlet,

the current state of archetypes is now really good: we have even ITs that
execute a project creation as part of build, then I don't expect maintenance
will be hard now