[HEADSUP] Upcoming MPIR release

michaelo
Folks,

I'd like to push MPIR 2.10 next week. If you have something to work on
or any other issues, let me know!

Michael

Re: [HEADSUP] Upcoming MPIR release

rfscholte
Hi Michael,

I've come quite far, but there's at least one report that's causing some
issues.

On the dependencies page it is possible to show a matrix of all the
dependencies and all specified dependencies to show where it is available.
I haven't seen that chapter, not sure if anybody is using it.

There are a couple of options:
- drop this part. It'll be a clean migration to Maven3.
- keep it, but that'll probably require quite some shading because this
part of Aether is not reachable by a plugin. I think M3.0.x with Sonatype
Aether already works, but Maven 3.1.x+ with Eclipse Aether is the real
issue.
- Just do a 2.10 right now and think about migration some other time.

If you ask me, I'd prefer to go for the first option and if the community
wants it back, we could look for a better solution.

WDYT?
Robert

On Thu, 29 Mar 2018 22:39:42 +0200, Michael Osipov <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> No, I don't. Tried to upgrade to Maven 3.0 myself and horribly failed.
>
> Looking forward to your change...thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 2018-03-29 um 22:36 schrieb Robert Scholte:
>> Do you mind if we push this to 3.0.0 while following the migration
>> instructions[1]
>> I should be able to do that this weekend.
>>  Robert
>>  [1]
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Plugin+migration+to+Maven3+dependencies
>>   On Thu, 29 Mar 2018 21:09:01 +0200, Michael Osipov
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> I'd like to push MPIR 2.10 next week. If you have something to work on
>>> or any other issues, let me know!
>>>

>>> Michael

Re: [HEADSUP] Upcoming MPIR release

michaelo
Hi Robert,

I am not sure which part of the dependencies report you are referring
to, but that goal does not run at all for me.

With Maven 3.0.5 on my personal project it says:
[INFO] Generating "Dependencies" report         ---
maven-project-info-reports-plugin:2.10-SNAPSHOT:dependencies
Apr 04, 2018 10:10:44 PM org.sonatype.guice.bean.reflect.Logs$JULSink warn
WARNING: Error injecting:
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.wagon.internal.Maven30WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory
com.google.inject.ProvisionException: Guice provision errors:

1) Error injecting: private
org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.wagon.internal.Maven30WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory.wrcf
   while locating
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.wagon.internal.Maven30WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory

1 error
        at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$3.get(InjectorImpl.java:974)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getInstance(InjectorImpl.java:1000)
        at
org.sonatype.guice.bean.reflect.AbstractDeferredClass.get(AbstractDeferredClass.java:45)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProviderInternalFactory.provision(ProviderInternalFactory.java:84)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.provision(InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.java:52)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProviderInternalFactory$1.call(ProviderInternalFactory.java:70)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProvisionListenerStackCallback$Provision.provision(ProvisionListenerStackCallback.java:100)
        at
org.sonatype.guice.plexus.lifecycles.PlexusLifecycleManager.onProvision(PlexusLifecycleManager.java:138)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProvisionListenerStackCallback$Provision.provision(ProvisionListenerStackCallback.java:108)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProvisionListenerStackCallback.provision(ProvisionListenerStackCallback.java:55)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProviderInternalFactory.circularGet(ProviderInternalFactory.java:68)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.java:45)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter$1.call(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:46)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1018)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.get(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:40)
        at com.google.inject.Scopes$1$1.get(Scopes.java:59)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:41)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$3$1.call(InjectorImpl.java:965)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1011)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$3.get(InjectorImpl.java:961)
        at
org.sonatype.guice.bean.locators.LazyBeanEntry.getValue(LazyBeanEntry.java:83)
        at
org.sonatype.guice.plexus.locators.LazyPlexusBean.getValue(LazyPlexusBean.java:49)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:253)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:245)
        at
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.wagon.internal.DefaultWagonRepositoryConnectorFactory.newInstance(DefaultWagonRepositoryConnectorFactory.java:57)
        at
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.dependencies.RepositoryUtils.dependencyExistsInRepo(RepositoryUtils.java:147)
        at
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.dependencies.renderer.DependenciesRenderer.printArtifactsLocations(DependenciesRenderer.java:1417)
        at
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.dependencies.renderer.DependenciesRenderer.renderSectionDependencyRepositoryLocations(DependenciesRenderer.java:812)
        at
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.dependencies.renderer.DependenciesRenderer.renderBody(DependenciesRenderer.java:241)
        at
org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReportRenderer.render(AbstractMavenReportRenderer.java:80)
        at
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.DependenciesReport.executeReport(DependenciesReport.java:199)
        at
org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReport.generate(AbstractMavenReport.java:251)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.site.render.ReportDocumentRenderer.renderDocument(ReportDocumentRenderer.java:229)
        at
org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRenderer.render(DefaultSiteRenderer.java:337)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugins.site.render.SiteMojo.renderLocale(SiteMojo.java:178)
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.render.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:132)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
        at
        at
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not set
org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory
field
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.wagon.internal.Maven30WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory.wrcf
to org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory
        at
sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwSetIllegalArgumentException(UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.java:167)
        at
sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.throwSetIllegalArgumentException(UnsafeFieldAccessorImpl.java:171)
        at
sun.reflect.UnsafeObjectFieldAccessorImpl.set(UnsafeObjectFieldAccessorImpl.java:81)
        at java.lang.reflect.Field.set(Field.java:764)
        at
org.sonatype.guice.bean.reflect.BeanPropertyField.set(BeanPropertyField.java:73)
        at
org.sonatype.guice.plexus.binders.ProvidedPropertyBinding.injectProperty(ProvidedPropertyBinding.java:45)
        at
org.sonatype.guice.bean.inject.BeanInjector.injectMembers(BeanInjector.java:53)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.MembersInjectorImpl.injectMembers(MembersInjectorImpl.java:128)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorInjector.provision(ConstructorInjector.java:117)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorInjector.access$000(ConstructorInjector.java:32)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorInjector$1.call(ConstructorInjector.java:91)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProvisionListenerStackCallback$Provision.provision(ProvisionListenerStackCallback.java:100)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProvisionListenerStackCallback$Provision.provision(ProvisionListenerStackCallback.java:115)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ProvisionListenerStackCallback.provision(ProvisionListenerStackCallback.java:55)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:89)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorBindingImpl$Factory.get(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:259)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$3$1.call(InjectorImpl.java:965)
        at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1018)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$3.get(InjectorImpl.java:961)
        ... 56 more

[ERROR] Unsupported protocol: 'http'
Apr 04, 2018 10:10:44 PM org.sonatype.guice.bean.reflect.Logs$JULSink warn
WARNING: Error injecting:
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.wagon.internal.Maven30WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory
com.google.inject.ProvisionException: Guice provision errors:

1) Error injecting: private
org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.wagon.internal.Maven30WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory.wrcf
   while locating
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.wagon.internal.Maven30WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory

1 error

with Maven 3.5.3:
[INFO] Generating "Dependencies" report  ---
maven-project-info-reports-plugin:2.10-SNAPSHOT:dependencies
[WARNING] Error injecting:
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.wagon.internal.Maven31WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory
com.google.inject.ProvisionException: Unable to provision, see the
following errors:

1) No implementation for
org.eclipse.aether.spi.connector.RepositoryConnectorFactory was bound.
   while locating
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.wagon.internal.Maven31WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory

1 error
     at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$2.get
(InjectorImpl.java:1025)
     at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getInstance
(InjectorImpl.java:1051)
     at org.eclipse.sisu.space.AbstractDeferredClass.get
(AbstractDeferredClass.java:48)
     at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderInternalFactory.provision
(ProviderInternalFactory.java:81)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.provision
(InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.java:53)
     at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderInternalFactory$1.call
(ProviderInternalFactory.java:65)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.ProvisionListenerStackCallback$Provision.provision
(ProvisionListenerStackCallback.java:115)
     at org.eclipse.sisu.bean.BeanScheduler$CycleActivator.onProvision
(BeanScheduler.java:230)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.ProvisionListenerStackCallback$Provision.provision
(ProvisionListenerStackCallback.java:126)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.ProvisionListenerStackCallback.provision
(ProvisionListenerStackCallback.java:68)
     at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderInternalFactory.circularGet
(ProviderInternalFactory.java:63)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.get
(InternalFactoryToInitializableAdapter.java:45)
     at
com.google.inject.internal.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter$1.call
(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:46)
     at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext
(InjectorImpl.java:1103)
     at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.get
(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:40)
     at com.google.inject.internal.SingletonScope$1.get
(SingletonScope.java:145)
     at com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get
(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:41)
     at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$2$1.call
(InjectorImpl.java:1016)
     at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext
(InjectorImpl.java:1092)
     at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$2.get
(InjectorImpl.java:1012)
     at org.eclipse.sisu.inject.LazyBeanEntry.getValue
(LazyBeanEntry.java:81)
     at org.eclipse.sisu.plexus.LazyPlexusBean.getValue
(LazyPlexusBean.java:51)
     at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup
(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:263)
     at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup
(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:255)
[...]
(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137)
     at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute
(MojoExecutor.java:208)
     at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute
(MojoExecutor.java:154)
     at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute
(MojoExecutor.java:146)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject
(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject
(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
     at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build
(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:56)
     at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute
(LifecycleStarter.java:128)
     at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:305)
     at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:192)
     at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute (DefaultMaven.java:105)
     at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute (MavenCli.java:956)
     at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain (MavenCli.java:290)
     at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main (MavenCli.java:194)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:498)
     at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced
(Launcher.java:289)
     at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch
(Launcher.java:229)
     at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode
(Launcher.java:415)
     at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main
(Launcher.java:356)
[ERROR] Unsupported protocol: 'https'
[WARNING] Error injecting:
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.wagon.internal.Maven31WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory

So most ITs fail if you look at their build.log

What is the exact problem you cannot achieve with the Maven 3.0 API?

Michael