Global setting for --no-transfer-progress

Global setting for --no-transfer-progress

Tarakesh Vishwanath
Hi,

We have started using Maven 3.6.1's new option --no-transfer-progress to
reduce the log output. However, it is cumbersome to add this flag to every
maven invocation in codebase.
Just wanted to know if there's any way this setting can be made Global ??

Regards,
Tarakesh

Re: Global setting for --no-transfer-progress

Tomo Suzuki
I tried MAVEN_OPTS, which did not work (it's not for Java virtual machine):

suztomo-macbookpro44% export MAVEN_OPTS='--no-transfer-progress'
suztomo-macbookpro44% mvn compile
Unrecognized option: --no-transfer-progress
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Ugly suggestion: adding that option at the end of "mvn" shell script.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 7:29 AM Tarakesh Vishwanath <[hidden email]>

> We have started using Maven 3.6.1's new option --no-transfer-progress to
> reduce the log output. However, it is cumbersome to add this flag to every
> maven invocation in codebase.
> Just wanted to know if there's any way this setting can be made Global ??
>
> Regards,
> Tarakesh

Tomo

RE: Global setting for --no-transfer-progress

Golan, Yaron-2
My 2 cents:
alias mvn='/usr/bin/mvn -B --no-transfer-progress'

I tried MAVEN_OPTS, which did not work (it's not for Java virtual machine):

suztomo-macbookpro44% export MAVEN_OPTS='--no-transfer-progress'
suztomo-macbookpro44% mvn compile
Unrecognized option: --no-transfer-progress
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Ugly suggestion: adding that option at the end of "mvn" shell script.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 7:29 AM Tarakesh Vishwanath <[hidden email]>

> We have started using Maven 3.6.1's new option --no-transfer-progress
> to reduce the log output. However, it is cumbersome to add this flag
> to every maven invocation in codebase.
> Just wanted to know if there's any way this setting can be made Global ??
>
> Regards,
> Tarakesh

Tomo

Re: Global setting for --no-transfer-progress

Greg Chabala
You could add the option to the ${maven.projectBasedir}/.mvn/maven.config file,
but that's still a per project change, unfortunately.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 9:16 AM Tomo Suzuki <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I tried MAVEN_OPTS, which did not work (it's not for Java virtual machine):
>
> suztomo-macbookpro44% export MAVEN_OPTS='--no-transfer-progress'
> suztomo-macbookpro44% mvn compile
> Unrecognized option: --no-transfer-progress
> Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
> Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
>

> Ugly suggestion: adding that option at the end of "mvn" shell script.
>

> On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 7:29 AM Tarakesh Vishwanath <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have started using Maven 3.6.1's new option --no-transfer-progress to
> > reduce the log output. However, it is cumbersome to add this flag to
> every
> > maven invocation in codebase.
> > Just wanted to know if there's any way this setting can be made Global ??
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tarakesh

> Tomo

Re: Global setting for --no-transfer-progress

tarakesh.nvt@gmail.com
It would be good if this can be added in settings.xml

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html