Quantcast

Generate report PDF with Maven PDF Plugin

Generate report PDF with Maven PDF Plugin

4ndrew
Hi,

I'd like to generate a PDF file from the results of Maven Surefire Plugin. But when I'm trying to run mvn pdf:pdf its says:

[INFO] Ignoring api call removed in maven 3, no reports are generated!

Any idea would be appreciated! Thx!

Re: Generate report PDF with Maven PDF Plugin

Manfred Moser
On 11-11-30 07:43 AM, 4ndrew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to generate a PDF file from the results of Maven Surefire Plugin.
> But when I'm trying to run mvn pdf:pdf its says:
>
> *[INFO] Ignoring api call removed in maven 3, no reports are generated!*
>
> Any idea would be appreciated! Thx!

the pdf plugin is originally a maven 1 plugin and has not really been
maintained much. You would probably have to fix it up to get it to work ...

manfred

Re: Generate report PDF with Maven PDF Plugin

Lukas Theussl-4

Manfred Moser wrote:

> On 11-11-30 07:43 AM, 4ndrew wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to generate a PDF file from the results of Maven Surefire
>> Plugin.
>> But when I'm trying to run mvn pdf:pdf its says:
>>
>> *[INFO] Ignoring api call removed in maven 3, no reports are generated!*
>>
>> Any idea would be appreciated! Thx!
>>
> the pdf plugin is originally a maven 1 plugin and has not really been
> maintained much. You would probably have to fix it up to get it to work ...

This is not correct, the m2 version of the pdf plugin is well-maintained
and working:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/

The mentioned issue above is probably this:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPDF-41

It's fixed in v. 1.2-SNAPSHOT only, ie not released yet.

Some info about report generation in the pdf plugin is available here:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/examples/configuring-reports.html

HTH,
-Lukas

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Lukas Theussl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Manfred Moser wrote:
>
>> On 11-11-30 07:43 AM, 4ndrew wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'd like to generate a PDF file from the results of Maven Surefire
>>> Plugin.
>>> But when I'm trying to run mvn pdf:pdf its says:
>>>
>>> *[INFO] Ignoring api call removed in maven 3, no reports are generated!*
>>>
>>> Any idea would be appreciated! Thx!
>>>
>>>  the pdf plugin is originally a maven 1 plugin and has not really been
>> maintained much. You would probably have to fix it up to get it to work
>>

> This is not correct, the m2 version of the pdf plugin is well-maintained
> and working:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/**plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/>
>
> The mentioned issue above is probably this:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/**browse/MPDF-41<http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPDF-41>
>
> It's fixed in v. 1.2-SNAPSHOT only, ie not released yet.

Sorry to correct myself: it's fixed as being documented that pdf report
generation does not work using maven 3, you need to use maven 2.

Cheers,
-Lukas

On 11-11-30 10:58 PM, Lukas Theussl wrote:

> Manfred Moser wrote:
>> On 11-11-30 07:43 AM, 4ndrew wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'd like to generate a PDF file from the results of Maven Surefire
>>> Plugin.
>>> But when I'm trying to run mvn pdf:pdf its says:
>>>
>>> *[INFO] Ignoring api call removed in maven 3, no reports are
>>> generated!*
>>>
>>> Any idea would be appreciated! Thx!
>>>
>> the pdf plugin is originally a maven 1 plugin and has not really been
>> maintained much. You would probably have to fix it up to get it to
>> work ...
>
> This is not correct, the m2 version of the pdf plugin is
> well-maintained and working:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/
>
> The mentioned issue above is probably this:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPDF-41
>
> It's fixed in v. 1.2-SNAPSHOT only, ie not released yet.
>
> Some info about report generation in the pdf plugin is available here:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/examples/configuring-reports.html
>

> HTH,
> -Lukas

Thanks for correcting me. I was not aware of that. Last time I looked it
seemed that but arguably that is quite a while ago.

Sorry again

manfred

Thank you! ;)

Re: Generate report PDF with Maven PDF Plugin

4ndrew
Another question.

Sadly I can't use Maven2 to generate the test reports but I'd like to solve this issue with Maven3. Can you suggest me anything which is compatible with Maven3 and can be used to generate PDF Test reports and Doc? Any suggestion or hint would be appreciated ;)

Many thanks!!

-Andrew