Fwd: Artifact uploaded event

Juri Artamonov
Hello Guys,

I'm looking for solution where I need to start script after certain artifact has been deployed to Nexus repository.

Nexus-plugin would be good solution. Would you please tell me what I should use in order to get working solution? Can it be certain Event but then what is the name or perhaps it can be File Inspector but I don't know when it's called before or after artifact is uploaded to the server.

This would be also good if you would point to to the sequence of the events or steps for nexus component lifecycle in plexus configuration?

Thank you,
                     Juri.

Re: Artifact uploaded event

Rich Seddon
Have a look at the virusscan example here, it's pretty close to what you want:

https://github.com/sonatype/nexus-example-plugins/

Be sure to check out the nexus-2.3.x branch, the master will only build against 2.4-SNAPSHOT.

Rich

On Mar 12, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Juri Artamonov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Guys,
>
> I'm looking for solution where I need to start script after certain artifact has been deployed to Nexus repository.
>
> Nexus-plugin would be good solution. Would you please tell me what I should use in order to get working solution? Can it be certain Event but then what is the name or perhaps it can be File Inspector but I don't know when it's called before or after artifact is uploaded to the server.
>
> This would be also good if you would point to to the sequence of the events or steps for nexus component lifecycle in plexus configuration?
>
> Thank you,
>                      Juri.

Re: [nexus-user] Re: [nexus-dev] Artifact uploaded event

Juri Artamonov
Hello Richard,

I did it already before I wrote e-mail. The question that I don't know when theses methods are called during component lifecycle. For instance there is process method in RequestProcessor but I don't know if it's called before fiel uploaded or after.

It looks like I have found that there is RepositoryItemEventStoreCreate event which looks like called after artifact is uploaded. Another option could be isHandled method in StorageFileItemInspector but not sure yet also if it's called after artifact is uploaded.

If you know about usage of these methods please let me know, unless I will try it later by myself:)

Thank you,
                     Juri.