From where to download Maven?

Andrew M
Hi Guys,

I have started with Continuous Integration with Jenkins and there is a precursor to Chapter 2/Module 2.

It states about refreshing knowledge about Maven Ant and war deployments, I have a question in regards to Maven download and installation:

I went to the below url:
http://apache.mirror.amaze.com.au/maven/

From the above URL there is a list of so many directories, what exactly to download and how to install?

http://maven.apache.org/download.cgi#Installation <-- Unfortunately doesn't indicate installation steps.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Re: From where to download Maven?

Anders Hammar
You should use: http://maven.apache.org/download.cgi

/Anders

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 5:04 PM Andrew M <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have started with Continuous Integration with Jenkins and there is a
> precursor to Chapter 2/Module 2.
>
> It states about refreshing knowledge about Maven Ant and war deployments,
> I have a question in regards to Maven download and installation:
>
> I went to the below url:
> http://apache.mirror.amaze.com.au/maven/
>
> From the above URL there is a list of so many directories, what exactly to
> download and how to install?
>
> http://maven.apache.org/download.cgi#Installation <-- Unfortunately
> doesn't indicate installation steps.
>
> Any guidance would be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you

Re: From where to download Maven?

mgainty
follow anders recommendation of maven install (latest version of ) location:

https://maven.apache.org/download.cgi

Maven – Download Apache Maven<https://maven.apache.org/download.cgi>
maven.apache.org
Apache Maven 3.5.3 is the latest release and recommended version for all users. Disk Approximately 10MB is required for the Maven installation itself. In addition to that, additional disk space will be used for your local Maven repository. The size of your local repository will vary depending on ...

tar xzvf apache-maven-3.5.3-bin.tar.gz

Alternatively use your preferred archive extraction tool.

  *   Add the bin directory of the created directory apache-maven-3.5.3 to the PATH environment variable
Add M2_HOME environment variable to point to base location of maven

  *   Confirm with mvn -v in a new shell. The result should look similar to

$M2_HOME/conf/settings.xml will usually have repositories listed for snapshots, plugins and dependencies if not you can use something like:
be aware that everyone who uses maven will have these settings

      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>codehausSnapshots</id>
          <name>Codehaus Snapshots</name>
          <releases>
            <enabled>false</enabled>
            <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
            <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
          </releases>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
            <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
            <checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy>
          </snapshots>
          <url>http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2</url>
          <layout>default</layout>
        </repository>
      </repositories>

if you want to specify repository locations for your OWN usage of maven try updating repositories @
${user.home}/.m2/settings.xml

HTH

Martin

________________________________

Thank you

Re: From where to download Maven?

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Martin,

just a small hint. Don't use M2_HOME anymore cause only the entry in
PATH for the bin directory is needed...

Furthermore the settings.xml should only being used or create in users
home directory...

Apart from that the given locations in the settings.xml  with codehaus
in it are not valid cause codehaus is long time a go shutted down...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise