From none maven project to maven project

Eng. Bilal Ghayad

Hello All;

If my project is not maven (native) and I need to make it maven, all what I need is to add the pom.properties and pom.xml files?

Or I have to restructure the project folders same as maven folders structure?

Eng. Bilal Ghayad
Mob: +96171113391
Tel: +9615806234

Fax: +9615806234

P.O.BOX 14-6306, Beirut – Mazraa, LEBANON

Web: www.ghayad.com
Email: [hidden email]

Disclaimer: This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s).
Any unauthorized use is prohibited. Ghayad is not liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.

Re: From none maven project to maven project

jieryn
Adding the pom.xml is the minimum requirement. Try it and see..

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 7:08 AM Eng. Bilal Ghayad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All;
>

> If my project is not maven (native) and I need to make it maven, all what
> I need is to add the pom.properties and pom.xml files?
>
> Or I have to restructure the project folders same as maven folders
> structure?

> *Eng. Bilal Ghayad*
> Mob: +96171113391
> Tel: +9615806234
>
> Fax: +9615806234
>
> P.O.BOX 14-6306, Beirut – Mazraa, LEBANON
>
> Web: www.ghayad.com
> Email: [hidden email]

> Disclaimer: This message and any attachments are confidential and intended
> solely for the addressee(s).
> Any unauthorized use is prohibited. Ghayad is not liable for the message
> if altered, changed or falsified.

RE: From none maven project to maven project

Eng. Bilal Ghayad
Adding pom.xml is the minimum requirements, and what could be the other requirements?
Because I need to know if I started the project as native (not maven) so how to convert to maven?

Regards,
Bilal

Adding the pom.xml is the minimum requirement. Try it and see..

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 7:08 AM Eng. Bilal Ghayad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All;
>

> If my project is not maven (native) and I need to make it maven, all what
> I need is to add the pom.properties and pom.xml files?
>
> Or I have to restructure the project folders same as maven folders
> structure?
>

> Regards,
> Bilal

Re: From none maven project to maven project

jieryn
Without knowing any details about your project, I have no idea. Maybe
you already keep your source code in src/main/java? Maybe you already
have some scripts to download dependent libraries instead of using
some lib/ directory? Maybe you have a simple JAR project and not a
complex WAR project with a ton of dependencies? With the level of
details you've provided, we're not going to be able to help you too
much.

Add a basic pom.xml, and try to build. Fix the things that don't work.
I generally can Maven-ize a project pretty quickly, usually in less
than an hour.

https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-pom.html
https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html