Format support for cross-referencing, headers and footers

Format support for cross-referencing, headers and footers

Ahana
Hello,

Do APT and XDoc both support cross-referencing, headers and footers? I need to build a book with these features.

Re: Format support for cross-referencing, headers and footers

Vincent Siveton-2
Hi,

yes, via the doxia-sitetools. We used Velocity inside, so you could
always customized header/footer. Internal links are handle too.
[1] is a good sample to see your requirements live.
[2] is a book

HTH

Cheers,

Vincent

[1] http://maven.apache.org/
[2] http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-example-book/index.html

2008/12/29, Ahana <[hidden email]>:

>  Hello,
>
>  Do APT and XDoc both support cross-referencing, headers and footers? I need
>  to build a book with these features.
>
>  Thanks,

Latest Doxia Snapshot Build in Maven Repo + Docs / Tutorials?

dhallammail-apache
Hi,

Is the latest Doxia snapshot build placed in a Maven repo anywhere or do I have to build it from svn?

Also, what's the best source of documentation / tutorials as I have a maven site and want to create a PDF book from parts of it (with cover page, toc, etc) and the docs I've seen so far aren't very comprehensive.

Many thanks,

Dave

Re: Latest Doxia Snapshot Build in Maven Repo + Docs / Tutorials?

Lammert Westerhoff
Hi
Try the Maven snapshots repo at
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/

There are some doxia snapshots in there. I haven't checked if these are
recent though.

Lammert Westerhoff

Styling a PDF produced by Doxia & Apt

dhallammail-apache
Hi,

I can produce a PDF using Doxia from some source Apt files.  The PDF that is generated is very basic.  I want to apply some style to it - e.g. header, footer, cover page, index page and change the fonts and colors, etc.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial or documentation on how to do this?

Many thanks,

Dave

Apt Page Breaks

dhallammail-apache
Hi all,

I'm following the syntax for Apt and am trying to use "^L" (without quotes) to create a page break.

In the generated html book, this is rendered as "^L" and it doesn't cause any page break at all in the generated PDF.

I've tried using Ctrl-L, i.e. single non-printable character but that doesn't appear to work either - doesn't help when Ctrl-L is "remove line" in Notepad++.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Dave

Re: Apt Page Breaks

Lukas Theussl-4

It works for me (again with doxia 1.1 but I think this should work with alpha as
well).

Note that the character you want is the form feed character '\f' in java. I
quickly checked with notepad++ (never used it) and didn't find an easy way to
insert control characters. But you can get a list of characters in the menu
'TextFX - TextFX Tools - Insert Ascii chart' and copy/paste the form feed char (a
big inverted 'FF'). Alternatively use another text editor...

HTH,
-Lukas