Feature Request

Azidkore
Hi, my first post on the users list, so perhaps this is not the right place (If so, please point me to the propper one).

I want to request a feature that IMHO is pretty simple to implement and very usefull. I would like to see a "Deploy artifact" on the configuration menu on future versions of Nexus (great product BTW) like the one provided by artifactory. I find it very usefull specially for those lazy developers I have to deal with in my organization :P Actually this is a blocker on migrating from artifactory to nexus :(

Re: Feature Request

Brian E. Fox
Hi Azidkore,
This is already done in beta-4, which is in final qa right now. You could
grab a snapshot from the repository and give it a whirl if you want to see
it now. We are hoping to have the release ready for Monday. (all features
are complete...just testing and fixing bugs now)

On 6/12/08 11:09 AM, "Azidkore" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, my first post on the users list, so perhaps this is not the right place
> (If so, please point me to the propper one).
>
> I want to request a feature that IMHO is pretty simple to implement and very
> usefull. I would like to see a "Deploy artifact" on the configuration menu
> on future versions of Nexus (great product BTW) like the one provided by
> artifactory. I find it very usefull specially for those lazy developers I
> have to deal with in my organization :P Actually this is a blocker on
> migrating from artifactory to nexus :(

Re: Feature Request

Azidkore
Wow, that was fast!
Grabbing snapshot right now!!!

Way to go!
Thanks a lot.

Brian E Fox wrote
Hi Azidkore,
This is already done in beta-4, which is in final qa right now. You could
grab a snapshot from the repository and give it a whirl if you want to see
it now. We are hoping to have the release ready for Monday. (all features
are complete...just testing and fixing bugs now)

beta-4 snapshot - feature complete?

Franklin, Martin (SD)
Brian

I have downloaded (as of approx noon today) the latest beta-4 from the SVN trunk and built a Nexus install. However I cannot get a group index to be created (a merged index from the cached and/or downloaded indexes of the proxied repositories).

I get what is essentially an empty index when I access it via the URL http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/groups/repo/.index/nexus-maven-repository-index.zip using the browser or using the m2eclipse plugin.

Has this feature been enabled in beta 4? I believed it was filed in your internal issue tracking system as item NX-463: Group Indexes, which is down for release in beta-4 as per the roadmap https://docs.sonatype.com/display/Nexus/Nexus+RoadMap

If you've tested this, then it's obviously something with my config and I'll keep looking at it, but don't want to waste any more effort if it isn't part of the release.

Thanks

Martin

Re: beta-4 snapshot - feature complete?

Tamas Cservenak
Martin,

you should do a group reindex, that is new in beta4: LogIn -> Maintenance -> Reposes -> Select a GROUP (those are now appearing here also) -> Right click -> Reindex.

This will do the following things:

1) Will reindex all reposes being members of the given group

2) Merge the "best" indexes of members (if remote idx exists, obviously that is the "best", if not then local)

3) Publish those az ZIPs in the group "./index/" place for IDEs.

Hope helps,
~t~

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 16:55 -0700, Franklin, Martin (SD) wrote:
[...]

Tamas

Here’s what I see when I login – no maintenance screen, and under configuration, when I hit repositories the groups are not listed.

You cannot use right click on the groups screen.

What I did was to schedule a task to reindex the group using the new schedule screen. That also didn’t create a merged index.

This build is taken from the svn trunk, with the revision 381.

Martin

RE: beta-4 snapshot - feature complete?

Brian E. Fox

The menu moved around a bit and we’re still fixing it. It’s under “browse repositories”.

Since there’s a screenshot here, what does everyone think? We are planning to minimize the help section and combine the viewlogs/xml into a single screen and move it up to the view section.

That leaves a conflict with “Browse Repositories” because you can also do maintenance operations if you’re an admin…but the menu name doesn’t imply that. Any suggestions?

This is already done in beta-4, which is in final qa right now. You could grab a snapshot from the repository and give it a whirl if you want to see it now. We are hoping to have the release ready for Monday. (all features are complete...just testing and fixing bugs now)

RE: beta-4 snapshot - feature complete?

Franklin, Martin (SD)

All

I have successfully issued the correct command and it does indeed create an index which can be downloaded for the group.

I have two problems however.

The first is that the merged index appears to be unreadable by the M2Eclipse plugin. While it gets downloaded (as per the eclipse log), when exploring the index in the Maven Indexes tab, I see no contents. If I download just a proxied repository’s index I can browse the index to see what has been cached.

The second issue is that I have turned on the download index flag for the central (ie repo1). I can download this index into m2eclipse and view it’s contents. However if I attempt to reindex a group which includes the central index, the reindex never completes. The merged index does not get created.

I have found that the merged index is created in the work/nexus/router-groups directory and that only groups which do not include central are created. The other groups do not show up.

I can supply a copy of the merged index for the group which doesn’t work with m2eclipse if that will help.

As for the central issue – I see the following in the log.

2008-06-13 12:26:23.818 INFO  [pxpool-1-thread-6:] - org.sonatype.nexus.index.IndexerManager:default: Trying to get remote index for repository central

2008-06-13 12:26:23.818 INFO  [pxpool-1-thread-6:] - org.sonatype.nexus.proxy.repository.Repository:maven2: Finished walking on central Store with 1 items

Martin

RE: beta-4 snapshot - feature complete?

Brian Fox

Hi Franklin, thanks for testing this…we’ll replicate it and see what the issue is. We are still working on some defects found today during testing that are related to indexing, so it may or may not be related. The plan is by Monday to have an RC ready to send to the list for further testing before we cut the final release.

--Brian